Friday, 7 February 2014

Pandering Around - brunch at Kopapa

Or should that be panda-ing? I couldn't resist this skirt from Pretty Little Thing (sadly out of stock now) despite it being slightly impractical for most life occasions. There probably are some occasions when having a panda's face on your bum is a good idea but I can't think of that many. Life is all the worse for that. I am obsessed with pencil skirts at the moment, they feel elegant and grown-up, even with a panda's face on.

Skirt: c/o Pretty Little Thing, Top: New Look
Trying to do a Kim K in the last picture. Failing badly.
I wore the above ensemble for brunch at Kopapa. I'd heard a lot of good things about it - its on Time Out's Best London Breakfasts, after all and last time I tried to visit without a reservation it was quite obvious that a reservation was definitely needed. The restaurant is tiny and seems constantly packed.
I started with a "long black" with soya milk on the side (why is everyone calling it this now?) while I waited for my friend P. True fact: half of my friends names begin with P but it's ok, I can be friends with you if you have a non-P name too.
Our booking was for 10.30 so more breakfast-y brunch type things were in order. I did consider the burger and a cocktail for about 10 seconds regardless of the early hour. P had the avocado toast which came in a really generous portion and looked delicious.
Avocado-ness.
I had the hot smoked salmon with poached eggs and yuzu hollandaise. The poached eggs were perfect. Cutting into a perfectly poached egg is up on the "best things in life ever" list and now that I have "given up" the white stuff (bread) then a slice of really good bread is just, well, really good. 
Mmmmmm.
I had another coffee while we chatted and P had a tamarillo and kiwi smoothie which tasted like it would definitely be very good for you. Despite the restaurant being super busy we happily chatted away for two hours until we were politely asked to make way for a lunch booking - fair enough as this restaurant currently seems like the place to be. The menu changes seasonally so I will definitely be back. There is a lovely sounding Valentine's day menu at the moment if you are that way inclined. I will not be at all envious if you go.

What's your favourite brunch food?
Share:

4 comments

  1. Yay the panda skirt! It looks fab on you lily!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt! That avocado toast looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is amazing! Brings back memories of Edi!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This panda skirt is AWESOME!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig