Friday, 28 February 2014

Cheltenham Ladies Day #CheltFashion

I love any excuse to get dressed up so putting together a dream outfit for Cheltenham Ladies Day at the Cheltenham Gold Cup was a lot of fun. I've been to a few race days in the past and its always a great day - I definitely think that there are not enough opportunities in life to wear hats and headpieces. I can't say I'm an expert at racing or a good gambler but picking your winning horse based on the jockey's shirt colour, placing a little bet and cheering it on is fun all the same (I'll have you know that the last horse I bet on actually won its race although unfortunately it had lost its rider at around the halfway point and was unfairly robbed of its victory).

I've picked out a smart but simple dress as I want the accessories to be the star of the outfit. This dress would work well for formal occasions for the rest of the season (who's counting their wedding invites already?) and is the perfect length to keep the outfit and out-there accessories classy. As it does get a bit chilly paddock-side, I love this tweed jacket to bring a British touch and keep you warm. I love minimalist sandals this season and these are perfect. "Go anywhere" is an overused label but I think these really are - perfect for work or play once the weather gets a bit warmer. On to the accessories - I feel that hats are a little too K-Middleton for my style, I don't think I'll ever feel like enough of a proper grown-up to wear one but this cupcake headband is cute without being too ridiculous. I'd tie my hair up in a sleek pony tail to not distract from it and keep my make-up fresh and natural with lots of blusher to fake a healthy country glow. The blues in the outfit are complemented by my final touch, a beautiful clutch bag masquerading as a book - well, a girl's got to pass the time between the races somehow, right? Oh, wait, that's what the champagne bar is for and this book-like clutch is the perfect size for my race-day essentials.

Have you been to the races?

This post is a competition entry - you can enter and vote for my entry here.



Share:

4 comments

  1. Ohh that clutch is pure perfection <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT HAIRBAND! Oh, wow. This is a brilliant outfit, it's brilliant to see someone having fun with styling and colour :D

    Sarah Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig