Sunday, 26 January 2014

A "weekend" in the City - winter edition

Back in August, I had a rather enjoyable fake weekend. Five months later and it was time for another. Although in winter the activities on offer are rather different and even the seeing the photo of flip-flopped feat makes me shiver.

This "weekend" I was accompanied by Mummy Lipstick who had just celebrated her birthday so some celebratory fun was definitely on the cards. London is so, so much nicer when everyone else is at work! Here's what we got up to:

First stop was The Conran Shop as I am on the hunt for some new furniture. Sadly most of the shop was a bit beyond my budget and once I'd seen this beautiful lamp I couldn't concentrate on regular furniture anyway.
Furniture shopping is hungry work so we stopped at The Natural Kitchen on Marylebone High Street for lunch. I had teriyaki salmon and two of the daily salads. Mummy Lipstick had dill and lemon salmon with the same salads. Washed down with coconut water (me) and homemade lemonade (Mummy Lipstick).

Next stop was Skin Health Spa in Marylebone Village for facials and a bit more furniture shopping along the way. I chose some paint in Farrow and Ball and spent the rest of the day laughing at my own joke that there are actually "50 shades of grey" available. Cool.


Evening birthday cocktails at Cafe Pacifico in Covent Garden. Mostly picked due to the cocktail menu - I had a palomita and mummy lipstick had a pomegranite margarita.
Novelty of having someone else to take photos of me.
We shared chicken tempura tacos, jalepeno poppers and a mango and brie quesedilla and felt like we were on our favourite Food Network show, Diners Drive-ins and Dives (albeit with slightly smaller portion sixes).

We then hopped along to Soho to see The Wolf of Wall Street at the Curzon. The cinema was packed as it was opening night and the film (although long) was brilliant - Mummy Lipstick and I had tears of laughter running down our faces during one particular scene and both agreed that Leonardo DiCaprio is a very fine actor indeed. Maybe not one to see with your mother if she is not cool with swearing, mind (or copious nudity and drug use).
The following morning we headed to Knightsbridge and had brunch in Richoux - a cute old-style cafe opposite Harrods. I had eggs florentine and jasmine tea.
OOTD - Topshop blouse, vintage skirt. Told a bemused Mummy Lipstick that polka dots are a "blogger thing".
After a wander around Harrods and Harvey Nicholls (sadly without The Wolf of Wall Street's bank balance) we stopped for coffee and a slice of cake. After a wander through Hyde Park I waved Mummy Lipstick off and headed to Honest Kings Cross...
This was my first visit to Honest. It was 5pm so time for a G&T in a jar while waiting at the bar (ha). The meal was for Sophie's birthday - arriving at 5pm was a good shout as there's no booking and the restaurant is tiny but we got a table pretty quickly and weren't made to feel at all rushed as we chatted and caught up with the gossip. 
I had the standard beef burger, cooked medium rare with a side salad instead of chips (potato hater!). The burger was pretty good - perfectly cooked in a soft brioche bun.
Close up.
How would you spend your perfect London weekend?
Share:

3 comments

  1. It looks like you had a great 'weekend' :) All your food pictures are making me drool a little! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a perfect weekend! Loving the food :-)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig