Saturday, 14 December 2013

Underneath the LBD

Party season is now in full swing so inspired by the "Underneath the LBD" competition being run by Ann Summers I thought I'd put together my perfect party outfit as well as the perfect lingerie for underneath it - after all, your party dress deserves better than any old pair of undies that you just happen to grab from your top drawer in the getting ready rush.

Dress: Topshop. Lingerie: Dita range by Ann Summers. Watch: Guess at Watch Warehouse. Bag: Alexander McQueen at Net a Porter. Shoes: Topshop.
This velvet dress is more than a little bit 90s inspired with the spaghetti straps and it ties in well with the lingerie theme of this post with the corset detailing. I love dresses that can be worn in different ways and this would work equally well with my picks above or dressed down with chunky boots and an oversized cardi for daytime. The Dita range by Ann Summers (possibly named after the fabulous Von Teese) has some really standout pieces - I like wearing bras with pretty straps when wearing strappy dresses (none of those awful clear plastic straps for me, thank you) and the shape of this bra would perfectly compliment the neckline of the dress. Heels are a party season essential and this Topshop pair look like they'd have staying power with the ankle strap and sensible (for me) heel height Finally, accessories - a classic gold watch from Guess keeps things simple and if Santa could please bring me this McQueen clutch then I'd definitely be sorted on the accessories front for every party in 2014.

What are your party essentials?
Share:

1 comment

  1. Beautiful. I love this dress and everything here. Velvet is one of my favourite materials, it looks amazing on dresses.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig