Wednesday, 11 December 2013

The Exhibitionist


Pop Art speech bubble - Barbican gift shop. Dress - Zara. Jacket - American Apparel.
These photos were taken at the Pop Art Design Exhibition at the Barbican on Sunday. Hannah and I had had the exhibition on our to-do lists for a while so it was great to finally have time to pop along. The exhibition is fun, full of bright colours but also an interesting insight into the world at the time of the pop art revolution. I particularly loved the Mae West lips sofa and the 60s furniture. I had seen some of the exhibits at past events but its still well worth a visit as its great to see so much from the era all in one place.  I'm hanging on to my ticket for a half price cocktail in the pop art bar soon - I love how the Barbican theme their bar to the exhibition of the moment. Don't forget to pop into the Curve downstairs for the free Ayse Erkmen "Intervals" exhibit which involves slowly walking through a range of moving backdrops - weird but oddly entertaining.

What exhibitions have you visited lately?


Share:

2 comments

  1. We need to visit the Isabella Blow exhibition! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun exhibition! It's one of the things I miss living so far from a city, I haven't been to any exhibitions in the longest time. I'll have to make a point of visiting more soon!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig