Monday, 2 December 2013

November Empties

Another month of empties (or, yes, I can finally now throw these in the bin like a normal person!).



1.Clean & Clear Morning Energy Face Wash - I picked this up on a whim during the summer although I'm pretty sure I used this back when I was 15! It smells great and does leave my skin feeling awake in the mornings. At under £3 and available pretty much everywhere I've already snapped up another bottle.

2. Soap & Glory Pulp Friction Body Scrub - I think I've tried all of the S&G body scrubs now. I like how this one is in a tube which makes it perfect for using in the shower. The fragrance of this one I wasn't so keen on - it has a super sweet fruity scent whereas I much prefer the traditional S&G scent. Smell aside, its a great scrub and the tube lasted all summer, as you can probably tell from the rather sad looking packaging now!

3. DHC Washing Powder - I love DHC, they have some really interesting products and are slowly becoming easier to get hold of in the UK (Harvey Nichols Beauty Mart and Selfridges now stock a small range). I first bought this face wash on my gap yah in Japan -it comes in a tiny bottle but lasts for ages as you mix the water with it yourself to make a foamy wash - great for traveling and putting in my gym bag as there's no risk of it leaking.

4. L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess - L'Oreal mascaras are my favourite budget buys. This one has a great brush which gives easy application with no clumps and good length. For the first month I thought this mascara was amazing, possibly even a rival to Benefit's "They're Real" but after that it became quite hard to work with and one swipe too many would make my lashes look clumpy to the extent that no amount of lash combing would save them.

5. Topshop Louise Grey Liner in Intensify - I wear liquid eyeliner every day and purchased this limited edition navy one as a change to my usual black. At first it felt a bit scary to wear but all summer it became my staple for brightening up my make-up. The formula is amazing, it lasted though many a hot summer day and night (sadly a distant memory now) and was easy to remove with good ol' Bioderma. Sadly Topshop no longer stocks this range but I'm definitely going to try the liners from their permanent line and experiment more with colours other than black.

6. Mango Lady Rebel perfume sample - I got this as a sample in Sephora when I was in Paris. I wasn't expecting to like it as, ugh, it's a highstreet brand's fragrance so can't possibly be good? Wrong! I actually loved the smell of this - quite an evening-y oriental fragrance but I wore it in the day anyway because who has time to switch fragrance between day and night?

7. Moschino Pink Bouquet perfume sample -  a sample from a Feel Unique order I made. This was very, very sweet - the name and packing are probably a clue. I'm not fragrance loyal and did enjoy wearing this for a few days but it was slightly on the sweet (and dare I say it - young) side for me. Back in the day when Escada's Rocking Rio was my go-to scent I would definitely have loved it!

What products have you finished this month?
Share:

1 comment

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig