Thursday, 7 November 2013

Le Weekend - Wanderings

So, after my last foodie post from Paris I thought I'd share some glimpses of the city. Having been to Paris a few times before, I wasn't too fussed about doing the standard sights and wanted to return to London feeling relaxed rather than frazzled after rushing around the city trying to fit everything in.

After browsing Sephora and French pharmacies for "essentials", I sat on the Pont Neuf watching the sun going down.


The padlock craze has been taken a little too far, there must be hundreds along the railings.

Taking a sneaky selfie on the Pont Neuf, watching the world go by and pretending that I'm Amelie. My friends met me after they had been to the Musee d'Orsay and we boarded a Seine cruise.
The Eiffel Tower as seen from the boat. We sat on the outside deck and watched the sights change as day turned to night.
After our cruise we headed to Ile de France for dinner at L'Affriole. The set menu is €40 for three courses and quite possibly the nicest fresh bread I've ever tasted to start. My food was lovely but not very photogenic so I'll just show you my dessert - a poached poire with caramel sauce. The restaurant is tiny so I'd definitely recommend booking, and fear not, the staff all spoke perfect English.
Sunday started bright and sunny. While my friends snoozed, I went for a run around the Seine. I love running in different cities - its a great way to see the sights quickly. I went for a "relaxed run" and snapped a few photos en route.
The banks of the Seine have been converted into an outdoor art gallery - the "Photo-Quai". We'd browsed the photographs on our way back from dinner but it was great to see them again in daylight. I really loved these photographs from South Korea titled "Cosmetic Girls".
These photos from Iraq were titled "Portrait of an Arab Man".
And these from Saudi Arabia showed women in their private home environments without showing their faces to the camera. How beautiful are those autumn leaves piled at the bottom of the images too?
I ran over this ornate bridge which marks the start of the Champs-Elysees.

Old juxtaposed with new.
Art or just violating parking rules?
I reached the Arc de Triomphe just has the rain drops started to fall.
We stayed int he Hotel Elysee Union - tucked away on a quiet side street but in sight of the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. The staff were lovely and our apartment which slept 6 people was spacious and felt like a little home in Paris.
A bientot - I'll be back soon with some foodie treats!
Share:

4 comments

  1. Great snaps Lily - love the look of the outdoor gallery. You did for quite a bit in your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snaps Lily - love the look of the outdoor gallery. You did for quite a bit in your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream Team trip soon please!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever watched live sex webcams? Then check out BongaCams.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig