Friday, 4 October 2013

September Empties

This month, I not only have my usual empties but also some holiday ones too. With the change of seasons its been good to finish up some summery products and gives me an excuse to go shopping for "winter skincare" because there's got to be some silver lining to colder, darker, rainier days, right?
VO5 Miracle Concentrate Hair Oil* - smells amazing, made my hair feel soft after too much pink hair dye/pool/sea/sun.

Neutrogena Dry-Touch SPF 100+  - the best suncream I've ever used. I used this all summer and didn't burn once.

Soltan Baby SPF 50 - just to confuse the Boots Advantage card people. And because I have super sensitive skin so a product designed for a baby should be ok.

Ultrasun SPF 30 Anti-Aging Face Sunscream - didn't make my face feel sticky, greasy or give me spots. Hopefully it stopped me aging too, that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Prevage SPF 50 - this suncream is really expensive, I'm not sure if I particularly loved it - it felt a bit rich for my skin, maybe one that I should have passed on to my mother.

Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash - smells lovely and herbal-ly, foams up well and made my skin feel nice and clean.

Sephora  Triple Action Cleansing Water - this has nothing on Bioderma but it did the job of removing my eye make-up well enough despite being a bit stingy on my eyes.

Mark Hill Heat Protection Spray - attempting to treat my hair a bit better as I'm trying to grow it long, this smelled good and gave my hair a bit more hold as well as hopefully protecting it from damaging heat.
Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser - I fell for the hype and purchased this - its actually a pretty good product, perfect for if you are too lazy to apply body lotion.

Bioderma - this is such a cult "blogger" product. I had a second bottle in reserve and am going to Paris in a few weeks to restock (oh, and to, like, visit the Eiffel Tower).

Live Colour XXL in Shocking Pink - my pink hair was courtesy of this dye. I got two applications out of the bottle as it doesn't require mixing before application. Be warned though, it definitely takes more than 6-8 washes to come out. A month on I still have a few pink bits!

Waitrose Green Tea & Apple Shower Gel -smells good, is super cheap and constitutes food rather than beauty products in my vague attempts to budget.

Aussie 3MM* -  another cult product. This smells amazing and really makes a difference to my hair.

Radox Coconut Kiss Shower Gel - I love all things coconutty, especially in summer time - this smells so good!

Percy & Reed Colour & Shine Shampoo -this came free with Glamour magazine, it did the job and made my hair nice and shiny.
What did you finish up this month?
Share:

5 comments

  1. The vo5 hair oil has been on my wishlist for ages - might have to splash out!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the Balance Me face wash at the moment. I do really like it but the smell is very overpowering! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed the pic of you with the pink hair, that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the XXL dyes, you're right, they do last longer than a month!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig