Sunday, 20 October 2013

My Blogging Routine

I've been blogging for 4 years now (happy belated birthday, blog!) so today I thought I'd share my blogging "routine". While for me blogging definitely falls in to the "hobby" box, I still have a routine around it as life is busy and I need to make time to blog because I love writing posts and get blog withdrawal when I haven't written one for a few days.

I work during the week so most of my blogging gets done at the weekend. I'm a big fan of having a bit of a blog session and scheduling a few posts for the week ahead. I keep a note of when the posts are going live in my diary so that I can Tweet and Instagram the links to the posts and update my blog's Facebook page which makes life simpler during busy weeks.

Sometimes I blog from home but my favourite thing to do on a lazy weekend afternoon is to get out of my flat, pack my mini laptop up and head to the nearest coffee shop to get my caffeine fix and get a few posts written up. I live alone and while blogging is a solitary activity its nice to have a bit of interaction with the outside world (and, yes, it makes me feel a little like Carrie Bradshaw).


When I'm not at my laptop, I keep a notebook to hand to jot down ideas for posts and to keep a note of more long term "projects" like redesigning my layout and transferring my domain across properly. I also use my iPhone to help me organise my blog - from using to the notes app to jot down ideas to editing photos on the go with the VSCO CAM app and Instagramming inspiration or mini outfit shots which I'll then use in blog posts down the line.


I've yet to join the tablet party but am definitely thinking of getting one for Christmas as it'd be less bulky to carry around and would make it even easier to blog on the go. I've been reading some Acer tablet reviews to help me make my mind up.

What's your blogging routine?

Share:

4 comments

  1. Happy bloggy birthday!

    I'm pretty much the same, I do the majority of my blogging on a weekend, as I have more time. I take all my recipe shots on a weekend. I don't have time before work and it is too dark when I get home now.

    I sometimes tweak posts on week nights but being a journalist, when I get home, sometimes I'm out of words, so I just edit my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I end up writing posts on the fly usually, it depends on how organised I have been with taking photos!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was as organised as you! I need to get myself a blogging notebook I think, instead of jotting things down on little pieces of paper hehe!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to write a couple of posts on an evening, a load on a Thursday which is my 'blogging' day and then finish bits up at the weekend. I do try and plan ahead when I can, but I'm not always so good at it!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig