Monday, 28 October 2013

Halloween at The Science Museum

I love Halloween - its definitely the marker in my social calendar that the party season has arrived. When I got an invite to a Halloween party at the Science Museum I couldn't wait to combine my love of dressing up, eating sweets and throwing in a bit of science along the way. I took my friend K along for a spooky, scientific evening.

The museum was converted into a spooky wonderland with dead scientists wandering around, Halloween-themed food, a bar and a DJ set. We had a tour of the "Making of the Modern World" gallery with our guide, Garrick, who really brought the objects to life and threw in some spooky facts - while also giving us a chance to use our brains a bit amongst the music and sweet-eating!
 
I dressed as a spooky vintage type.
K was a pumpkin.

First stop was the Halloween buffet - mini sausages and mash, pumpkin arancini and spinach and ricotta pastries.
The invite promised unlimited liquid nitrogen ice cream - we tried toffee apple and chocolate flavours, both amazing. This is toffee apple in a chocolate cup.
The unfrozen ingredients are churned with liquid nitrogen.
A puff of smoke later and suddenly you have ice cream.
The trees outside the Natural History Museum on the way home - so pretty!
How are you celebrating Halloween?
Share:

8 comments

  1. Looks like the best Halloween party ever!

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very cute smile! Looks like you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pic! Nice shoots!



    Best Regards,
    Katty

    http://blog.pixiie.net
    http://fb.com/WorldsFashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great time!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks all kinds of awesome, especially the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Halloween too.

    It looks like a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this is like a dream! When science and the paranormal clash its just THE BEST!!!! :D

    cowbiscuits

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig