Saturday, 14 September 2013

#FITFORFESTIVEFASHION

It may feel as if we have only just packed our summer clothes away (well, I haven't yet but I have thought about it) but the Christmas party season will soon be upon us.

I've don't have any party invites yet but its never too early to start planning the perfect party outfit. Filling my online basket thanks to an imaginary £500 budget, these are my picks:




These Duo shoes (coming soon in the black pair pictured) make a nod to 90s style with the pointed toe and stiletto heel. They'd be perfect for any festive outing and the heel height would mean that they wouldn't end up discarded in favour of bare feet by the end of the night! Continuing the 90s theme with this Topshop dress - I love the back detail and it'd also work with boots and a chunky knit. Thinking about coats right now seems a little odd but come December, they'll be essential - I love this teddy bear coat, coats are often a bit dull and functional but this one would be great for special occasions so that I'm not covering up my party outfit but adding to it.           

A plain dress just needs to be accessorised and this Stella & Dot necklace is perfect - it can be worn long or short so a definite must for when you need pieces to work hard during a (hopefully) busy period of the social calendar. Finally a bag, sadly even my imaginary budget doesn't stretch to a Chanel but this DKNY offering is definitely inspired by the interlinked C's and fits with the simple 90s aesthetic of the outfit.

Total: £497. With £3 left over for a Starbucks after my online shopping exertions!

What's your perfect party outfit?

Small print: this is a competition entry with Duo to win the chance to style the windows of their London flagship store. Winner will be announced on 3/10/13.
Share:

4 comments

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig