Sunday, 11 August 2013

Royal Baby Tea Time

No matter where you have been and what you have been doing over the past month, there is no way that you can have escaped the Royal Baby Fever. From the reporters camped outside the hospital, the first photos of the baby and the announcement of his name the media and the British public have gone baby mad.

To celebrate the birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge, Twinings have released a set of Royal Baby teas. There's nothing more British than a nice cup of tea so these are perfect for raising a cup to Prince George or for celebrating the arrival of a new baby in your family.



The teas come presented in a beautiful black and gold box - definitely fit for a Prince (especially as Twinings has a Royal warrant)! Nestled inside were a yellow and a blue tea canister each containing a bag of loose leaf tea.

The tea canisters open to reveal a message of congratulations - such a nice touch. I love the Victorian themed print on the canisters and once the tea has been drunk, they'd be perfect for storing bits and bobs.

Every eventuality is covered - the canisters come in yellow, blue and pink. Perfect if, like with Prince George, you are unsure of the gender of the baby prior to buying a gift for the mother. Yellow is always a safe bet if in doubt!

The loose leaf teas inside the canisters - a good mix of herbal tea and traditional Chinese teas to pick from depending on what you like to drink. I brewed up some of the peppermint infusion in my tea pot - so refreshing for a summer afternoon cuppa. Loose leaf teas taste so much better than tea bags, they're definitely worth the extra effort in making them. I can't wait to try the China White and Yunnan next time I host afternoon tea chez moi!

Have you been caught up in Royal Baby Fever?

Small print: the teas were sent to me for review purposes.
Share:

6 comments

  1. These are such a good idea!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a way to celebrate!! Amazing tea selection xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, YUM. I wish I could say I didn't fall for the Royal Baby hype but I totes did obsessively read everything about him. Including those odd what will his starsign be articles. Um... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Definitely a great way to celebrate!

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This are so pretty, such a quaint idea. I have jumped on the Royal baby bandwagon and been swooning over some bottles for my (not yet born) baby.

    Georgie x

    http://theblondegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig