Saturday, 24 August 2013

Review: ModelCo Fibre Lashxtend Mascara

I hadn't heard of ModelCo until Glamour magazine had freebies of their products a couple of months ago. Being a bit of a mascara hoarder, I couldn't resist the chance to try another so hunted down an issue with the mascara. Having not heard anything about the brand, I wasn't really sure what to expect - it retails for £28 (here) which is far more than I'd usually spend on a mascara.

After using it for the first time, I was quite disappointed. A few strokes of the wand and my lashes looked no different. I persevered and found that a good 4-5 coats are needed for a sufficient amount of mascara to transfer onto my lashes. The formula is very dry and leaves my lashes looking a bit "dusty", as I apply more coats of this I can really feel the fibres on my lashes. On the (rather small) plus side, it does build good volume and with a coat of my usual mascara on top I end up with long, thick looking lashes. It doesn't flake or smudge during the day and comes off easily with a swipe of Bioderma. I always give honest reviews and while this isn't a terrible mascara, I would not have been happy if I'd spent £28 on it - I've used better mascaras that cost a quarter of that price. I'll use this until it dries out more but definitely won't be re-purchasing it. 
Fibre Lashxtend - Extreme Black Lengthening Mascara
The mascara has a traditional bristle brush. I usually prefer comb style brushes as find these can be quite messy but the brush head is small enough that it doesn't make a blobby mess around my eyes.
The mirror on the back of the tube is a nice touch (probably my favourite thing about the mascara).
4-5 coats. You can see the length that this gives (good) but that close-up its starting to clump. Nothing that a swipe of my usual mascara on top can't fix but for £28 it should be a standalone mascara and not a rather fiddly basecoat. 
Have you tried this mascara? What's your favourite mascara at the moment?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Your lashes look amazing! It definitely makes me want to try it even despite the few cons. Eek!

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this disappointing too, I thought mine had dried up initially! Definitely not one to buy!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig