Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Between The Seasons

While it might still be August, there's definitely a whiff of "new season" in the air. It's a funny thing with fashion. As soon as I start to plan what to pack for my summer holiday, the shops fill with coats. I remember during my school days when no sooner had the bell rang for the start of the summer, M&S would be proclaiming that it was "Back To School!" with a range of red and white checked dresses to be purchased for the new term.

So what should you wear when you want to both live in the moment of the current season but also have one eye on the approaching new one and new trends that it brings? I've picked out some pieces that would work both now and through to autumn/winter - always a good thing with the unpredictable weather and a great way to make your wardrobe as adaptable as possible.

Dress: Alexander Lewis @ Avenue 32, Necklace, Socks, Sandals - Topshop
This Alexander Lewis brocade dress is the perfect all-occasions, all seasons piece. The lightweight silk fabric makes it ideal for the current weather but the brocade is a look forward towards the new season and the metallic finish will see you through to Christmas parties.

It's still sandal weather and these platforms are perfect for giving the dress a casual spin. Team with some cute ankle socks to prevent chilly toes once autumn hits. When its finally too cold for bare legs, swap in a pair of ribbed tights and a chunky ankle boot for day time and some killer party heels for evening.

Update your jewellery collection with a tassel accessory in muted colours rather than this summer's neon brights. This statement necklace works just as well with a dress as it would do with a simple grey marl t-shirt and is a quick and easy wardrobe update.

What are you looking forward to wearing in autumn?

Share:

7 comments

  1. That dress is so pretty!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress, perfect for work and date nights too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is so you Lily! I love switching things up for autumn. Like you said, shops always get their Back To School stuff in, so maybe it's that which signifies the change in seasons and gets me all excited!

    - Tabitha at scaredtoast.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress and I'm a big fan of frilly socks
    I love baggy jumpers so thats probably what im looking forward to most this autumn
    Kiwi..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't look forward to Autumn at all don't wanna think about it!!! *denial*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quite like cozying up with a jumper for Autumn but keeping my legs bare - loveee the little socks!

    cowbiscuits

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me about it, I wanted to try and find some summer sandals but all the shops seem to have in stock now are boots!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig