Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Back to School (Work)

As a child, September signified the start of a new school term. A new uniform would be purchased, new shoes bought and, most excitingly (because it was the only area I had any choice in) a new pencil case and stationary would be purchased (scented gel pens, anyone?). The days of wearing an itchy woolen kilt are thankfully long behind me but September still signifies a new fashion beginning. The change of seasons, the fact that I turn another year older in the middle of the month and starting a new job mean that I'm taking a "back to school" approach with compiling a new, smart, grown-up working wardrobe.

Today I wanted to show off my new shoes. Nude shoes have been around for a while now (I had a pair before Kate Middleton first stepped out in her trusty LK Bennett's) but for good reason - their leg-lengthening and go-with-anything capabilities make them something to hang onto amid the changing trends.

This Geox pair are made of perfectly soft leather with a block heel (my favourite for adding much-needed height but still being comfortable to walk in - remember we are dressing for the office here so some concession to practicality is needed). The contrast navy heel is a nice touch and makes them a little different from your average nude heel.

Shoes: Geox - Symphony - £115
I thought I'd put together some working wardrobe inspiration for all budgets. From your first job to spending your hard-earned bonus, these would look great with the shoes:

1. Dorothy Perkins - £25 - colour blocking to match the shoes and a great price.
2. Zara - £45.99 - red and nude look amazing together.
3. Hobbs - £169 - more colour blocking - I love the orange sleeves.

What are your favourite "back to school" memories? And how do you dress for work?

Share:

8 comments

  1. Shoe envy! Those are perfect for the office. The red Zara dress is definitely the best, such an excellent colour.

    I find workwear a bit of a pain, I've always got the 'fashion blogger' side of my brain trying to jazz things up with orange sweaters and unsuitable shoes :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo they'll look perfect with that red dress Lily. I've got my eye on the dress now...
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Everbody needs a pair of nude heels and the contrast heel makes for an interesting change!

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that back to school feeling! It's always nice to get some new clothes for the change in seasons. Those shoes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh those shoes, they are gorgeous <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! Love the Hobbs dress too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are lovely, love the two tone look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are lovely and I really like the dresses you picked :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig