Friday, 30 August 2013

August Empties

Another month, another pile of empty products that I can now throw out because they've been photographed (#bloggerproblems). August was a bit of a mixed bag for empties, some newbies and some old favourites are now no more:




1. Sephora Oil Blotting Papers - I always stock up on these when I'm in a country that has Sephora stores. Great for dealing with shiny summer skin (thanks, heatwave) without caking on more powder. These have a lightly powdered finish and are the quickest way to take my skin from "sweaty shiny mess" to "almost acceptable". I'll be stocking up on more on my trip to Spain.

2. V05 Glossy Me Smoothly Shampoo* - This was a good everyday shampoo, it smelled nice and left my hair looking smooth and shiny. I prefer volumising shampoos usually but had no complaints with this one - the range is always on offer in Boots and isn't pricey.

3. Primark Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes -These were £1 for a pack of two so are ridiculously cheap. I am not a big fan of using wipes on my face so only used these pre-gym but they did the job well enough and had a fresh, tea-tree scent. I'm sure another pack will fall into my basket next time I'm queuing for the tills in Primark.

4. John Frieda Go Blonder Shampoo - My hair has got lighter in the sun this summer and I'm keen to enhance this as much as possible. This miniature was £2 so a good way to try a new product and perfect for my gym bag. I'm not sure if this made my hair blonder but it left it feeling clean and volumised so I'll definitely be purchasing the full size (and the conditioner) when I next need hair products, its smelled amazing too which is always a plus.

5. Cosmedix Purity Clean Exfoliating Cleanser* - This was a saviour during the hot weather, it felt so fresh and minty on my skin and left it feeling really clean. I usually avoid products for spot prone skin as I find them really drying but a combination of sweat and suncream made my skin breakout and this really helped get it back to normal. The full size is £27.95 (here) which is more than I'd usually spend on a cleanser but this was nice to use and made a difference to my skin, I'd definitely recommend it for oily/spot prone skin but think I'd find it too drying the rest of the year.

6. Benefit The Porefessional - One of my everyday, "holy grail" products. I've used this almost daily for the last 18 months - it might seem pricey for one tube but the cost per day must work out as almost nothing (dubious logic, I know). If I skip this from my make-up routine I really notice a different - this evens out my skin, stops shine and generally just makes my skin look better. I don't wear foundation as I find that this and a dusting of loose powder is enough to make my skin look presentable. Luckily I have a little tube from Glamour magazine to use while I think about re-purchasing this or trying the Smashbox Primer that I hear rave reviews about.

What have you used up this month? And do you have any primer recommendations (for normal/oily skin, nothing shimmery or "illuminating", thank you!)?

Small print: products marked with a "*" were given to me in goodie bags at events I've attended, they were not provided specifically for review purposes.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I love The Porefessional!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Poreprofessional :)

    xx

    Style and Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I really want to try the Porefessional, would you say it's good for combination skin? You're so lucky you don't need to wear foundation, I wish my skin was like that! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig