Thursday, 25 July 2013

Zippy Dress

Despite it being too hot to do anything other than lie in the park and melt (while attempting to finish my bookclub read on my Kindle) I have found myself shopping a little lately. Just a little. I popped into H&M after work and found a dress that I had admired at full price reduced to £10 in the sale. Meant to be. I couldn't be bothered with the sweltering changing rooms so bought a size up to be sure that I wouldn't have to return it and skipped off back into the sunshine to attempt some more reading:


Last weekend I headed to brunch with my parents at Duck and Waffle (more on that soon) - this dress was perfect as it's a little dressier than my usual summer dresses but still cool and easy to wear for another hot day in the city.  The exposed zip has been around for a while but I still like them and it makes dressing much easier, especially when my flat is doing a good impression of an oven lately. Living alone anything with a back zip or (even worse) back buttons makes dressing a bit too much effort for my liking anyway. The fabric is soft and silky and it definitely looks more expensive than the typical H&M offering, let alone a £10 dress.

What have you been buying in the sales?
Share:

7 comments

  1. This dress was £10?! When i saw you I thought it looked mega expensive! it looks lovely on you!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a pretty dress, I love zip details. So jealous of your Duck and Waffle visit - dream team date there soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress, and a bargain. H&M do have some utter gems hidden at times, this would be perfect in winter layered up as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is beautiful, I can't believe it was so cheap!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress! That looks great on you, perfect for this weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never resist a dress with a zipper!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig