Monday, 8 July 2013

Snack time: Garbanzo

Since I started working in a office, snack-time has become an essential part of my day. Around 4pm on weekdays I find myself suddenly sleepy, unable to concentrate and starting to think that my keyboard may make an appealing pillow.  This is the dreaded "4pm slump". Before working I had no idea that such a thing existed but, believe me, it really does. But, worry not, the 4pm slump can be beaten and it doesn't mean having to reach for chocolate or those Krispy Kremes your colleague brought in for their birthday that you've so far successfully resisted.

I always like to have some healthy snacks in my desk drawer so when I was sent some Garbanzo chickpea snacks to try I couldn't wait to put them to the test at 4pm. Garbanzo snacks are made from dry roasted chickpeas and come in three flavours: Bombay Firecracker, Thai Sweet Chilli and Tomato, Garlic & Herb. A 65g pack has only 88 calories (20 fewer than a two-finger KitKat) and you get a lot of chickpeas for your 88 calories! 





The Thai Sweet Chilli were my favourite - anything sweet chilli flavoured is always good in my opinion and these were just-right on the spiceyness scale. The chickpeas are surprisingly filling and unlike biscuits won't have you craving another, and another until half the pack has gone! As well as being a great desk-side snack, these would be perfect in the evening to replace crisps as a TV snack or to top a salad with for a satisfying crunch (I tried this with the Tomato, Garlic & Herb flavour and it was so good!). Despite being low calorie these are full of goodness, are high in fibre (so they keep you fuller for longer) and are naturally low fat, unlike many "lite" options which just replace the fat with sugar and additives.

Garbanzo snacks are available online here and and are also available at Holland & Barrett stores. At £1.19 per pack they are cheaper than running to Pret for an emergency muffin fix and for my readers Garbanzo are offering a great offer - two free packs for every order made. Simply quote GARB/02 in the notes section of the shopping cart.

Are you a snacker? And have you tried Garbanzo?

Small print: I was sent these by Garbanzo for review. All opinions my own and I ate them all myself, no sharing here.


Share:

13 comments

  1. Ooh gosh these look good! I'm not a huuuge fan of crunchy snacks, popcorn, chocolate or fruit is as far as I get! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, these sound awesome! It ended up being a 4pm ice cream today, so need to get some of these in the office pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I wish we had these in the US!!! I lovvvve garbanzos. I eat them in one form or another every day. I know that "4pm feeling," and these would be a great option.

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh these look right up my street!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Under 90 calorie snack, oh my gosh. The flavours sound delicious, need to get my hands on a bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been addicted to these for about 18 months now, I don't even want to think about how much money I have spent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the 4pm slump really bad, everyday without fail! I need better snacks like this to wake me up! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. my slump is at 11am after breakfast! These look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always start feeling tired at about 3pm. So bad! I have taken to making sure I have some fruit at this time or a handful of popcorn! Though this warmer weather makes me feel less hungry and tired all the time haha...not productive at all...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooove chickpeas! Drooling just thinking about these



    Emm
    SPIN DIZZY FALL
    Visit me at http://spindizzyfall.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This chickpeas are very good ;) Amazing!

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh these look really yummy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. these sounds healthy and yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig