Friday, 19 July 2013

Laura Ashley Vintage

In 1993, my five year old self witnessed my mother style a range of 90s trends. My favourite of which were her floral Laura Ashley dresses. Other 1990s fashions should probably stay in our memories only. As time passed, the dresses were banished to the back of the wardrobe but never put in the "charity" pile as they were just too pretty.

As I started to grow my own floral dress collection, I remembered the floral dresses from my childhood - they were retrieved from the back of the wardrobe and given the once over on the sewing machine (not by me I hasten to add). My mother shortened this dress as it used to be a midi-dress, a length that doesn't really work when you're 5'1" tall.

This pretty pink dress was perfect for wearing when the temperature hit 31 degrees last weekend.

Have you re-worked any vintage pieces?
Share:

7 comments

  1. Such a pretty dress. I don't think you can ever go wrong with floral, so lovely, and the colour is fab.
    Pretty thing <3 xx

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage look of this dress. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so pretty! I wish my mum had kept her old clothes :(

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is gorgeous...right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress, Laura Ashley reminds me of my childhood as well, they were popular back then weren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is so pretty, I love the colour on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig