Tuesday, 30 July 2013

July Empties

Well, this month has been far more successful than June was. Here are my empties:




Herbalife Radiant C Daily Face Scrub* - This face scrub was such a saviour in the heatwave, while I have been loving the hot weather the combination of city grime, sweat and suncream hasn't been the best for my skin. The smelled so refreshing and orange-y, made my skin feel super clean but was gentle enough to use every day.

Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash - Clean & Clear products do take me back to my teenage days...although despite being almost seven years away from being a teenager, my skin still sometimes likes to act like one, especially in the heat. I use this whenever my skin feels a bit oily and gross, it isn't at all drying like a lot of "teenage" products are and is always on offer in Boots too.

No 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser - Another skincare product.... I'd banished this to my "winter" stash but when I came back from my holiday my skin was so dry and this did a good job at removing my make-up without drying out my sun parched skin even more. I always buy a back-up when I have a No 7 voucher but realised the other day that I now have three of these to get though!

Aussie Mega Shampoo* - I was sad to finish this, it has my name on the bottle after all! This is my favourite Aussie range, the shampoo smells amazing with the original "Aussie" smell and it leaves my hair feeling so clean, again, much appreciated mid-heatwave.

Waitrose Ginger & Clementine Body Wash - I needed some new shower gels and these were 2 for £2 in Waitrose. I love the scent of this one and don't see the point of spending much more on shower gels when they just get washed straight down the plughole.

Yves Rocher Pineapple and Coconut Perfume - I've been using this in the hot weather as my usual Marc Jacobs perfume feels far too heavy. I love anything coconut-scented and the smell of this takes me back to teenage summers in France where I'd stock up on loads of these little €5 bottles.

Chapstick Apple - I have so many lipbalms so quite happy to have finished one of them. I love apple scents - this smelled a bit like Apple Sourz (this empties post is becoming full of teenage nostalgia) and it does the job nicely for around £1.

Benefit Posietint - This was free with Glamour magazine last year (I think). I've been wearing a lot less make-up in the heat but this feels so light on my skin so was perfect while the rest of my make-up melted before I'd even attempted to put it on my face. The pinky shade looked natural on my pale skin and it was easy to blend with a foundation blush for a quick rosy glow and to dab onto my lips as a lipstain.Considering using my stash of Boots points to buy the full-sized version of this.

What have you used up this month?
Share:

10 comments

  1. no7 hot cloth cleanser is my fave! going to buy one this week with my voucher! Just about run out!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Aussie Mega shampoo so much. Cleans perfectly, yet doesn't dry hair out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ciao,

    living in Italy ..... we ha hot days and the make up was a problem ...

    I did use a light tonic to refresh my skin , just a bit of light cream
    and mascara

    have a nice evening

    ave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of that waitrose shower gel!I think I had some of their cinnamon scented one, it was lush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shampoo and the personalised bottle is the cutest!

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The body wash sounds gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shower gel sounds amazing!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pineapple and coconut perfume sounds AMAZING! You've done much better than I have at using things up this month!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the scent of that chapstick x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been using up my lotions like crazy! And I'm running pretty low on all my concealers which is nice! It' a good feeling to use up your makeup.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig