Sunday, 28 July 2013

Duck & Waffle

Duck & Waffle has been on my "to visit" list for a while. I wanted to go for a special occasion and it just so happened that I found a new job earlier in the month so finally I had a reason to visit (and to celebrate). On a hot Sunday afternoon, my parents and I headed to The Heron for brunch/lunch (it was 1pm but meal times are flexible on Sundays) on the 40th floor. Yes, the food was amazing, as were the views of the city which on a clear day stretched for miles but a definite highlight was the lift speeding up to the 40th floor with the streets getting smaller and smaller below us.

Approaching the Heron Tower from London Wall.
The brunch menu. Vegetarians be warned, the menu is quite meat (especially pork) heavy.
Duck and Waffle
We started with the roasted essex beetroot and house bread. Beetroot, goat's curd and honey comb was such a perfect combination, the goat's curd melted while we waited for it to cool down enough to be eaten.
Duck and Waffle
I broke my "bread ban" for a piece of the house bread - it tasted like like the perfect homemade bread that I only wish I could actually make.
Duck and Waffle
For mains, my parents opted for the signature "duck & waffle" dish. They enjoyed it despite it sounding like a rather odd combination.
Duck and Waffle
Close up. Duck eggs have huge yolks.
Duck and Waffle

 I was feeling less adventurous with my food choices so opted for the Colombian eggs (minus the spring onions but with smoked salmon) which were fluffy and perfectly cooked.
Looking east.
Feeling envious of the people eating outdoors at Sushisamba a couple of floors down. Yeah, it's on the list too.
Looking west.
Duck & Waffle definitely didn't disappoint. The food was great, our waitress super friendly and attentive and the views were pretty amazing. I'm already planning a return visit in the evening as the bar looked good and I think I need to sample some of the cocktails...

What is your tip for food with a view?
Share:

8 comments

  1. Can we go back together please? It looks so good!

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a lovely time! Definitely not much on there that I could eat, I'm always a little disappointed when the veggie options aren't great!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a delicious meal! Congrats on the new job too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Planning a trip here soon. It looks lovely and the views are amazing. Think I'd try a little of a few thing off the menu. Yum.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow...I saw pig ears on that menu! The appetizers and the views look amazing.

    Oh to Be a Muse
    Shop Layered Muse

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Barry's birthday soon, I may have to take him here that egg looks epic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new job and the food looks irresistible!! I must visit this restaurant at some point. Hopefully it's not hard to find, sometimes London is like a maze to me!

    http://edge-e.blogspot.co.uk

    Loves.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig