Thursday, 27 June 2013

Tea Time

There's nothing more British than a nice cup of tea. Coffee definitely has its place but a mug of tea is always a great start or end to the day. My morning hasn't properly started until I've had my giant mug of tea and I love to try new varieties at cafes and when having afternoon tea. I was very excited to be sent some of Twinings' offerings as well as a beautiful mug to drink them out of:

Three varieties of Earl Grey tea - a British classic with a 2013 twist. Earl Grey tea is traditionally drunk as a black tie (with an optional slice of lemon). These definitely don't need milk or sugar so are perfect for stashing in my drawer at work for tea breaks.
The Blosson Earl Grey is perfect for a morning cuppa. The fresh orange blossom flavour really complements the bergamot in the Earl Grey and provides a zingy start to the morning. This would be perfect with a slice of orange or lemon.
Jasmine has such a beautiful fragrance and delicate flavour. I love jasmine tea so was intrigued about combining the jasmine flavour with Earl Grey. The combination works surprisingly well and this would be perfect for after a meal or as a pre-bed tea.
I love the fragrance of lavender, it's the quintessential English country garden scent. Lavender might sound like an usual tea flavour but it really works. This would be a perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
I love a good sized mug. No tiny teacups for me. How beautiful is this one?

What is your favourite tea? Are you an English breakfast tea or fruit tea fan? Or is there something else I need to try?

Small print: the teas were sent to me by Twinings.
Share:

7 comments

  1. i love tea so much, fruit tea is amazing but you cant beat the original ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of earl grey but i love nice strong tea and green tea which has soo many health benefits.

    A few of the fruity ones remind me of cold medicine like lemsip lol.

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't love tea. I'm more of a coffee person, but I like Earl Grey.

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound lovely! The packages are very cute, too. My favorite tea is chai. x

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't drink tea.. nor coffee.. but I just wanted to say hello! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all tea!! oh my goodness!
    nothing beats twinnings at all!! although i find their green tea a little dusty. i prefer starbucks green tea- which is handy as i get a free box each week! if you'd like to review it, let me know!
    xx
    girl from the third floor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm the Blossom Earl grey must be delicious! Love that original mug too x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig