Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Bloggers and Baking

Bloggers and baking might not seem like an obvious combination but from a quick flick through my blogroll, it seems like we have all gone baking mad! It's a bit of a cliche that bloggers love cupcakes (although based on the food of choice at most blogging events its definitely not a complete lie) but the baking skills of some of my favourite bloggers far surpass the now ubiquitous cupcake and the Great British Bake-Off is one of my favourite TV shows, I'm already counting down the days until the next series despite the last one being a complete emotional rollercoaster (this coming from someone who sat through The Titanic and The Notebook and remained resolutely dry-eyed).

I am no domestic goddess myself but I do occasionally dabble in baking (with varying degrees of success). There is something quite lovely about the smell of freshly baked treats, despite the mess and washing up that this entails. Even in an age where every sort of cake imaginable is easily available in supermarkets, where we work longer hours than ever before and are bombarded with such joys as the 5:2 diet, baking has never been more popular. 
Some rather amazing cakes at a Jubilee Street party.
1. I did not make any of these.
2. Can you really believe that this was over a year ago?
Patriotic cakes in all shapes and sizes.
Whether you are a complete beginner or a future Great British Bake-Off contestant Electrolux have a whole range of products that might help you win star baker, even if its just with your friends and family - from induction hobs to cooker hoods.

Do you enjoy baking? What's your favourite cake?

Small print: This post is in collaboration with Electrolux.
Share:

8 comments

  1. I cannot wait for our next bloggers pic-nic so I can bake some more cookies! I think we should have a bloggers bake off too!

    -Elodie

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is drooling Lily! I like baking a good old fashion Victoria Sponge. Something about the jam and cream together make me go mmmm!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these cakes look delicious! I love the union jack one especially!

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow they look amazing! I love lemon cake!:) followed you! would absolutely love it if you could check out my blog? www.trustinvogue.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww I love this post! I know exactly what you mean, bloggers and cupcakes do run hand in hand eventually ;) SAME! I loved the Great British Bake Off, soooo glad John won the last series!

    I'm not a massive fan of cake myself but if I had to choose I love the ones that are smothered in cream cheese..im thinking red velvet or carrot cake! :)

    http://thebigculturecorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to bake. I used to bake something for my boyfriend once a week, but I've stopped because we both put on weight lol. I like to bake any kind of cookie bar. I think my favorite kind of cake is...vanilla? I don't know!

    I also did not cry during Titanic or The Notebook. Glad I'm not the only one.

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig