Friday, 14 June 2013

A Formal Introduction: Bryn

So my little Mulberry bag has made a few appearances on my blog already but I still haven't properly introduced him.

I'd wanted a Mulberry bag since the age of sixteen when the Roxanne style was the one to swing from one's arm (Sunday Times Style magazine, you have a lot to answer for). A weekend job in John Lewis fueled my Mulberry obsession more, even if my wages could barely stretch to a purse. Throughout university a Mulberry represented being a grown-up; earning money and choosing to spent a rather huge chunk of it on a handbag spurred me on through endless reading lists and evenings of essay writing (we all have our own motivations).

In the last year, Bryn caught my eye and I knew that one day he would be mine. When my mum walked into the same John Lewis that I used to spend my Saturdays working in and saw him in the sale, it was fate.

Medium Bryn. Not too big, not too small.
Inside view. The size is perfect for a day or evening out, most importantly, an umbrella fits inside.
It's what's inside that counts. Bag contents for a summer evening out with friends. Ospery wallet, ASOS sunglasses, Oyster card, Balmi lipbalm, hairband, 17 Pressed Powder, Topshop lipstick, iPhone (Swash case) and Elemis moisturiser.
A capsule handbag definitely makes me feel more organised. Sometimes there is no need for a Filofax, book, magazine and spare shoes. For when there is, I have other (less lovely) bags.
What is your most longed-for purchase?
Share:

11 comments

  1. Please can give me your bag, the Mulberry Bryn is so beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love a Mulberry! I just want to bury my face in it and smell in the luxury. Is that weird? xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh same! I have the exact same dream of owning a mulberry! congratulations on getting your bryn, you must have worked hard for him! :D

    Hannah at the http://thebigculturecorner.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so handsome lily!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the bag. He's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is BEAUTIFUL, I am so jealous!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, he's awesome! And you'll love him forever, because you wanted him so long. I felt the same when I saved up to get my Alexa, and I still treasure her. Only now I need a Willow and a Chanel 2.55 as well ;P a girl can dream xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a beaut! I used to love the idea of designer stuff, I would love a channel bag and I'm still yet to fulfil a promise to myself - that when I lost weight I'd buy some Agent Provocateur undies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a chance you are qualified to get a Apple iPhone 7.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig