Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Promote Yourself

My blog has "grown up" a lot since I started it way back in 2009. Another step to blogging adulthood came about when Instaprint offered me the chance to design some flyers for my blog using their design tool. I've attended a few events where bloggers and PRs have asked me for business cards and I've just had to mumble "oh, um, er, I don't have any". Blogging may be a hobby for me but a little businesslike thinking will do no harm.

Front View
Back View - all the important details

I designed my flyers using one of the pre-made designs on Instaprint's website. You can also use your own pictures or blog header. I decided to do something different to my blog design - I'd recently visited the Litchenstein exhibition at the Tate Modern so took inspiration from this to create a pop-art inspired design. I kept it simple with just the essential information - less is more sometimes. I now have 250 of these to give away. You can start designing your flyers here.

Do you have business cards or flyers to promote your blog?

Small print: The flyers were provided by Instaprint free of charge for my review of the designing process.
Share:

10 comments

  1. I love this, the design is adorable! I think it's great to have something you can give people, even if its just a hobby theres no harm in spreading the word, especially at blogger events where people are really interested! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE them! Very Litchenstein, I saw the exhibit, and absolutely love his style.
    I'll definitely ask for a business card next time I see you. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, funny quote on the card! sounds somewhat familiar! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those business cards are the cutest! Love them so much. I want one next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh they look awesome! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats hun! what a great opportunity! These look amamzing too

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these business cards, they are amazing!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the coolest business cards i've ever seen! I got some printed from vistaprint and also moocards but i always forget to bring them with me when i'm out or at events! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh this is brilliant advice! Love the roy lichtenstein inspired cards- they are a wonderful design!xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig