Thursday, 2 May 2013

Opera Gallery: Peace from the bottom of my art

On a sunny evening last week, I attended a private view at the Opera Gallery of their new exhibition "Peace from the bottom of my art". The exhibition features renowned Middle Eastern artists showing their interpretation of "peace", with a particular focus on Iran. The Opera Gallery was packed - this was my first experience of attending a private view and the atmosphere was great (as were the champagne and traditional Iranian snacks). The artworks on show were beautiful, thought provoking and at times quite sad but it was great to see a different side to a region that is often depicted so negatively on the news.
Azadeh Ghotbi's "Give PEACE a chance to soar", 2013

Parviz Tanavoli's "Love the birds", 2013

Atoosa Vahdani's "Peace in Persia", 2012
Some of my favourite pieces. Peace from the bottom of my art is open until 9th May at the Opera Gallery, 134 New Bond Street. I'd definitely recommend a visit.

What exhibitions have you seen recently?
Share:

1 comment

  1. What stunning pieces, my favourite is the second one for sure xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig