Saturday, 4 May 2013

April Empties

What's in my basket of empties this month?



1. Palmolive Pampering Touch shower gel - I love anything coconut scented and this was only 99p. Can't complain!

2. E45 Cream - not very glamorous but this is one of the many products I've tried to sort out my dry winter skin. This did the job until I discovered Waitrose's Baby Bottom Butter which deserves a post in itself and will be my saviour next time winter comes around.

3. Caudalie Vinexpert Eye and Lip Serum - this was a free sample with a Feel Unique order. I was a bit skeptical that the same product would work eyes and lips but this really impressed me. It's a great lip moisturiser for using before lipstick as it isn't greasy or shiny. As an eye cream it absorbs really quickly and made a great base for concealer. Something to add to my wishlist as its pretty pricey.

4. Jemma Kidd i-define mascara - this came free with Elle (I think). Full review here. This was an ok mascara, it did the job but I wasn't overly keen on it and it dried out pretty fast.

5. Weleda 2-in-1 Cleanser and Toner - a GlossyBox sample. I only got two uses out of this which I don't really think is enough to really tell whether I like a skincare product. This did a good job at removing my face make-up and did leave my skin feeling clean and soft. It had a strong herbal smell as Weleda products are made from natural ingredients which was a bit off-putting at first but I'm intrigued about the rest of the range enough to have a browse next time I'm in Wholefoods where I've seen it stocked.

6. Abi-O Soft Sun Self Tan - I went to use this recently, only to discovered that it had turned bright green. Twitter tells me that this means it has gone off, I had no idea this could happen. It's a bit of a shame as this is the best fake tan I've tried so far (in my rather limited experience of fake tanning it must be said). It doesn't have the "biscuity" smell, that alone should be reason enough to try this.

7. Vanilla Coke Lip Smacker - a Primark in-queue impulse buy. I still can't resist a flavoured lipbalm and do love my Diet Coke so for £1 this was a pretty good purchase. I try to use lip products with SPF in them during the summer so this ran out at a good time.

8. Bioderma Crealine Lait - a purchase from a French pharmacy last summer. This is very different to the micellar water cleanser. This product is more suited to drier or sensitive skin as its a milky cleanser. I found it great for removing my eye make-up and for swiping over my face before using a facewash. I think this bottle was around £8 which is pretty good - I definitely want to try more from the Bioderma range. Trip to France soon, please.

What products have you finished this month?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Ooh I love the sound of the bioderma!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am thankful for the existance of E45 cream right now - it's a saviour for my eczema x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig