Friday, 26 April 2013

Mid-Week Eats: Bone Daddies

Ramen bars seem to be taking over London at the moment. As a lover of all things Japanese (despite the fact that ramen originated in China) this makes me very happy. Hannah and I paid a visit to Bone Daddies last week, there was no queue as it was quite early for dinner but the restaurant was already packed - always a good sign!

The menu is short and simple. A few ramen dishes and a range of snacks are sides/starters. I couldn't resist something called "cock scratchings" so opted for the T22. You can also order additional toppings for your ramen bowl so even if you choose one without cock scratchings, you can still give them a try.
The little jar contains hair ties so that you don't end up with a "hair in ramen" situation. I've been there and this is a very good idea.
My bowl came with a whole egg (with a perfectly soft centre), seaweed, rocket and the aforementioned cock scratchings.

Chopsticks.
Bibs are supplied for those who doubt their ability to eat without getting it on themselves. Pose optional.
I loved my ramen, I usually get bored halfway through a bowl but this had so many elements to it and was so flavoursome that there was no food boredom here. The food arrives quickly so this was the perfect pre-theatre meal. The shared tables and bar stool seating probably mean that they don't expect you to linger, especially given the reputation for long queues. The rock and roll soundtrack provides a nice break from tradition and the prices are pretty reasonable (although there is a service charge, just so you know). Also, it's probably not the best choice for those of you who are veggie or don't eat pork. I can forgive them this due to the cock scratchings.

Do you like ramen?
Share:

2 comments

  1. I'm so jealous you went Lily, this is on my very long list!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bone Daddies was so so good, definitely one of my favourite ramen spots x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig