Thursday, 4 April 2013

March Empties

Slightly late with my empties post this month - having two four day weeks sure makes the time fly by! Let's see what's in my basket of empties:

This basket came from an Aussie event. I store all my empties in it until the end of the month before then putting them in the bin. Now you know!

L-R: Charles Worthington Natural Hold Hairspray, No 7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser, Witch Hazel, Rimmel Renew & Lift Pressed Powder, L'Oreal Revitalift 10 Day Cream, Sephora Chocolate Shower Gel, Boots Skin Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets, Benefit Bad Gal Lash, L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes, Bioderma Sensibio H2O


Charles Worthington Natural Hold Hairspray - This lasted me forever, I very rarely use hairspray but when I did this did the job just fine.

No 7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser - I got through a lot of skincare this month. This is my third or fourth bottle of this. I always buy it with the No 7 £5 vouchers which makes it only £5. I've been reaching for this a lot more than facewash lately as the cold weather has been making my skin feel really dry. I always use a separate eye make-up remover first but it does remove eye make-up well.

Witch Hazel - I've always been a bit skeptical about toners but decided to try witch hazel as as toner. This bottle was really cheap (from the pharmacy section of Superdrug) and lasted a good six months. Its great for when my skin is feeling a bit greasy and helps clear up and break outs faster.

Rimmel Renew & Lift Pressed Powder - I've had this in the bottom of my make-up box for a couple of years, I think I just bought it just before I moved and then forgot about it. Rimmel don't make it anymore which is a shame as its a good powder with slightly more coverage than my regular 17 Pressed Powder. Unlike the Rimmel Stay Matte powder this one has a mirror under the powder. Sadly I dropped it on the floor at the gym and it smashed - I seem to do this a lot so will only ever buy drug store powders!

L'Oreal Revitalift 10 Day Cream - this sample came in a L'Oreal giftset. I stated using it on holiday as I'd left my usual daycream at home but liked this far more than I was expecting to. It wasn't too heavy and contains SPF which are the two things I look for in a day cream. I'm not sure if it did combat the 10 signs of aging (hopefully my face doesn't currently show 10 signs of aging) but it's never too young to start, right?

Sephora Chocolate Shower Gel - a single use shower gel from my last Sephora visit. This smelled amazing!

Boots Skin Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets - I always keep a pack of these in my make-up bag, my skin doesn't get as shiny as it used to but as a teenager these were a lifesaver! The Boots ones were pretty cheap and did the job, although the powder on them was quite pale so I wouldn't recommend these if you're not already pale.

Benefit Bad Gal Lash - this was free with Glamour. I've used this mascara before and can't say that I love it. The brush is far too big for my liking but this little tube was good for keeping in my make-up bag for touch-ups. I found that this dried out pretty quickly but that could just be because its a very small amount of product.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - review here. I liked this mascara, it only needed a couple of coats to look good. I'd probably repurchase it in a non-shimmer version.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O - I'm rather late to the Bioderma party but can definitely say that I'll never use another eye make-up remover again. This little bottle may be finished but Hannah picked up two giant bottles for me when she was in Paris recently so I definitely have enough to last me a while!

What have you used up this month?
Share:

4 comments

  1. Ooh I keep meaning to try out the hot cloth cleanser from no.7. Definitely on my to purchase list after my current cleaser runs out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats on using everything up, especially that pressed powder! I'm always struggling with makeup products!

    ReplyDelete

  3. The Connaught - One of the famous 4 star Hotels in Delhi For Budget Stay in Delhi, Luxury Hotel Rooms in Connaught Place.Hotel Connaught also have bars which provide the guests an exciting range of drinks and cocktails.The hotels in Delhi
    are heaven of comfort and hospitality.Contact us-hotels in new delhi

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig