Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Little Black Dress

I usually try to avoid wearing black. Working in an office, black seems to be the go-to colour but combined with unflattering florescent lighting and a never-ending winter its just all a bit drab. I'm a bit fan of colour and wearing brights just cheers me up in a way that black just...doesn't. Sometimes, however, a little black dress is just what you need:

Dress: M&S; Shoes: Dune; Nails; Barry M Textured in Ridley Road
I picked up this dress in the Christmas sale at M&S, reduced to £18. Not that you can see it in the photos but the fabric is slightly lurex-y and it has an inbuilt peplum which gives it a bit of detail lacking in the highstreet's other black offerings.

I wore this to a work meeting and I have to admit, it did make me feel a little more grown-up then some of my bright outfits. The mint green textured nails hopefully stop me straying into dullsville - I love this polish, its so easy to apply with my unsteady hands and lasts for a good five days without chipping.

Do you own a LBD?


Share:

5 comments

  1. I get too excited over polish that doesn't chip haha need to invest in this one it seems! Looking gorgeous Lily!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely in your dress, such a classic look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is such a classic! And love the nail colour too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a LDB but it doesn't fit great, on the look out for another!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig