Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Hong Kong: Shopping and Food

Another post from my Hong Kong adventure, I thought I'd share some of my purchases and food pictures. I did try my best to stick to my spending ban - I didn't buy any clothes but I couldn't resist a few holiday purchases:
I love Rilakkuma so couldn't picked up these note books from a shop near the Ladies Market. I am obsessed with lists so it's nice to have a light-hearted notebook to try to organise my life with. Does anyone know what the sentence on the notebook on the left means?
Some goodies from Sasa (think Boots, HK style). I picked up two Real Lasting Eyeliners - I first purchased one of these when I visited Japan a few years ago and they are amazing. My first one lasted me around a year so two happily went into my basket. I couldn't resist the mini Chap Ice lipbalm (you can never have too many) and picked up a couple of packs of oil blotting sheets, mostly chosen for their packaging.
Michelle recommended Majolica Majorca mascara so after much deliberation I picked by "Lash King". The range has some very unusual brush styles but this one looks like something I can get on with. I can't wait to try this!
The Ladies Market sells a lot of designer fakes at varying levels of authenticity. I picked up this "Links of London" friendship bracelet for around £4. I actually contemplated buying a real one last year before I talked myself out of spending that much on a fabric bracelet so happy to have this little piece of fakery.
Now onto the food...
Seafood noodle soup at an authentic Chinese restaurant found my one of my HK friends. Luckily she speaks Cantonese and was able to order for us - some of the menu choices were a little unusual, goose paw, anyone?
Edamame beans at a Japanese restaurant off of Nathan Road.
Shrimp and vegetable tempura.
Vegetable rice paper rolls at a Thai/Vietnamese restaurant on Knutsford Terrace. My friend R and I shared a few appetizers to start - there were just so many amazing sounding things on the menu not to.
Mini spicy fishcakes.

Soft shell crab noodle salad.

We shared a seafood and vegetable red curry for our main which came stuffed inside a pumpkin! I love pumpkin so this was pretty amazing.

What are your favourite holiday purchases?
Share:

4 comments

  1. That curry at the end looks amazing! It looks a bit like a kabocha squash, my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you did well with the make up and food! I swear by K palette liners, I've used them for a few years now and I always stock up when I am in Hong Kong. I think I bought about 4/5 last year and plan to buy more when I go back in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging on everything is soo cute, I'd want to buy it all!

    The food looks incredible- soo much sea food! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  4. lily i'm so jealous! that notebook is so cute! and yum, that food! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig