Friday, 12 April 2013

Gold Collagen: Review

I first read about Gold Collagen in The Sunday Times' Style magazine. While I am a huge fan of Style (I've been reading it for almost as long as I've been able to read so it's probably partly responsible for the levels of materialism I exhibit today) I was initially sceptical. I strongly believe that we are what we eat - a diet of fizzy drinks and chips is probably not going to leave us looking our best but can something we eat really make us look younger?

Then I had a little big Boots binge and a £3.95 bottle of Gold Collagen fell into my basket. A week later, a visit to the Vitality Show resulted in me sampling more of it and purchasing a starter pack at a much cheaper price than in Boots. I can never resist a bargain.

The small print. Note that it contains fish so sadly its not suitable for vegetarians.

Gold Collagen comes in 50ml bottles which can easily be drunk in a few sips. The flavour is quite unusual but not unpleasant - a sweet fruity syrup with a peppery kick. For those of us attempting to save both figure and face, the bottle only contains 27 calories. So far, so good.

Gold Collagen claims to promote younger looking skin, improve skin hydration and improve the appearance of deep wrinkles. I am only 25 so don't possess any deep wrinkles and don't want to for as long as possible. After a long winter, my skin has been dry to the extent that no moisturiser can fix when every day my skin is re-subjected to bitter winds and sub-zero temperatures so the idea of hydrating my skin from the inside appeals and the supplement also contains Vitamin C which helps with collagen formation and is an all-round good for us kinda vitamin.

I have only been using Gold Collagen for a week but so far, so good. I haven't had any breakouts and my skin is looking and feeling good. I'm not sure how much of that is atributable to this product and its probably too early to tell. A almost £4 a pop full-priced I'm not sure if this is something that I will continue to take as it's pretty pricey - it'd be £1,441,75 per year, that's the same as  Mulberry bag and a pair of Louboutins! Until I can afford to splash out on something that I'm still a little skeptical about, I think I'll stick to eating healthily, using good skincare and trying to get 7 hours of sleep each night in a bid to keep the wrinkles away!

Have you tried Gold Collagen?


Share:

1 comment

  1. Hmmm how interesting! I'm intrigued haha!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig