Sunday, 7 April 2013

April (Winter?) Favourites

The never-ending winter has had me reaching for some new products to help combat winter skin and to help cheer me up a bit while I (im)patiently wait for summer...

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, Freederm Gel, Barry M Nail Paint in Ridley Road, Soap & Glory Pulp Friction, Coconut Oil, Yes To Carrots Lip Balm

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - This may seem like "expensive Vaseline" but I think its worth every penny. I've been using this product for a good few years and couldn't resist this Limited Edition pot (picked up in the Duty Free). I use this on my lips, cuticles and any dry patches of skin, it's so versatile and a little goes a long way.

Freederm Gel - My skin is generally pretty well behaved but I do still get the occasional annoying spot. I picked this up on a whim from Waitrose and unlike almost every other spot treatment I've tried this really does work. It is quite drying so I only use it at night and only directly on the spot.

Barry M Nail Paint in Ridley Road - this is definitely my new favourite nail polish. The textured finish is really unusual and hides my rather imperfect nail painting technique. It also saves time by not needing a top coat! The pastel green is spring-like, even if the weather isn't.

Soap & Glory Pulp Friction - I'm a big fan of S&G products and love "The Scrub of Your Life" so thought I'd give this new offering a try. It has a really sweet, fruity fragrance - very different to the original S&G scent (which I think I prefer). The scrub is really gritty and satisfying to use so great for dry winter skin - I'm living in the hope that its almost the season for bare legs and summer dresses so this is definitely a new staple of mine.

Coconut Oil - I've wanted to try coconut oil as a moisturiser for a while. This was only £1.49 in Superdrug  so I picked last time I was browsing. I love anything that smells of coconut - it's one of those smells that definitely reminds me of summer. The solid oil needs to be melted in warm hands before applying, it's great for dry skin and I also smooth some through my hair the night before I wash it to help put back some of the moisture that central heating takes out.

Yes To Carrots Lip Butter - chapped lips are inevitable in winter. I purchased this lip balm in Sephora last summer but only just started using it and its quickly become my favourite. It does have a slightly carrot-y scent but don't let that put you off! It definitely doesn't taste of carrots and the butter-y texture is really moisturising and creates a great base for lipstick.

What are you winter skin saviors?
Share:

6 comments

  1. I'm slightly intrigued by the Yes to Carrots range, but I think this is only because of the name! The only form of carrots I like are in a cake though, so think I'll give this a miss! The Freederm Gel sounds good though...I always debate splashing out on the Origins spot stuff, but may give this a go first

    - Tabitha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of that coconut oil!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coconut oil looks a bargain, I have some I love using in my hair (waitrose baby one!) but will get this one when it runs out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently ran out of face mask and I completely forgot I had a humongous jar of coconut oil in my stash - will have to try it as a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the second post where I've seen this coconut oil!im definitely going to try track it down because I just love the scent of coconut and if it works for my hair it's such a bargain hair product!xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig