Sunday, 10 March 2013

What's On My Bedside Table?

I've seen a few of these posts lately so thought I'd do one. And, besides, I knew you were all wondering.

Bedside table (Ikea), Bedside Lamp (Argos). Oh the glamour.

Most of my beauty products are in my bathroom or on my coffee table (I live alone so this doesn't annoy anyone). I keep a few essentials on my bedside table for pre-bed application. I've used an eye cream since I was fourteen and first started getting paranoid about wrinkles due to reading fashion magazines aimed at women ten years older than me. The No 7 Perfect and Protect is almost finished so I'm looking forward to trying something new soon. The Garnier eye roll-on is used only on mornings when I haven't had enough sleep (so actually quite often), I don't think it makes a huge difference but it does feel nice and cooling. The handcream lives on my bedside table too as before bed is the only time I can use handcream without turning my iPhone screen into a smeary mess.

I also have my SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 moisturiser which I use one drop of every night. This cost about £65 but its amazing and feels so light on my skin, I like to let my skin "breathe" during the night and I don't like the idea of using heavy night creams so this is perfect. I've been feeling a bit run-down lately so having the vitamin C here means that I actually remember to take it.

I am supposed to have given up buying magazines but couldn't resist the latest issue of Glamour with the free shampoo. I've been flicking through this at bedtime but it wasn't until I took this photo that I realised how awful January Jones' outfit is. I mean, seriously, "womens' magazines" may have instilled wrinkle paranoia and a fear of never finding "my man" but they're never going to convince me that this is something that I (or anyone else, I hope) would want to wear.

Finally, my Kindle and my makeshift Kindle case which is actually a vintage handbag that just happens to be Kindle-sized and my Firmoo glasses for reading said Kindle and magazine.

What is on your bedside table?
Share:

8 comments

  1. Cute post. Next to my bed, I have: Vanicreme (rich cream I use on hands); jar of Vaseline (for cuticles and lips); jar of vitamins (one for hair growth); nail file; birth control pills; daily calender with pen. I have a little wicker basket I keep everything in (with the exception of the calendar). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of post, my bedside table is a tip at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these posts so much, I'm super nosey <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your blog! Sooo sweet and charming! Love your dress which you wore "Loub" shopping!!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't got a bed side table at the moment so I can't tell you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of a vintage bag as a kindle case! I have a jewellery box and a scented candle, everything else lives in my top drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the Kindle case!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean?! I am wearing that outfit RIGHT NOW (jk!) I have lots of books piled on my bedside table and lots of hand creams!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig