Sunday, 3 March 2013

February Empties (and a re-style)

Slightly belatedly, here are my February empties. LilyLipstick has also had a bit of a re-style. As much as I loved how the dynamic views looked, a lot of readers were unable to comment on the posts and I didn't like how I couldn't scroll down through the entire blog so back to the standard Blogger template it is.


1. Soap and Glory The Scrub of Your Life - I've had this in full sized in the past and its amazing. This little tube came with my on holiday and then rather quickly got used up upon my return. It had the standard Soap and Glory fragrance and is satisfyingly "scrubby" - a lot of body scrubs just don't feel grainy enough for me but this one is perfect.

2. Yves Rocher Vanilla Perfume - I love vanilla-y smells, especially in the winter. This little bottle was only €5 and while its not the longest-lasting fragrance it smells lovely and is perfect for keeping in my handbag and for gym days when I don't want to carry my giant Marc Jacobs Dot around with me.

3. Mandara Spa Citrus Spice Foam Bath - I got this in a giftset at the Vitality Show almost a year ago. The bottle is huge so its lasted forever. This smelled good and foamed up nicely, as bubble baths should although there was nothing particularly amazing about it.

4. Nivea Black & White Deodorant - I always seem to have this in my empties. Does the job and doesn't ruin my clothes.

5. Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser - my holy grail facewash. This is so gentle on my skin but leaves it feeling really clean and fresh. It helps stop my skin breaking out but doesn't leave it dry and is fragrance free. I used to use this twice daily when my skin was oilier, these days I use it when my skin feels a bit grimy or if I've not had time to do my full evening skincare routine I'll use it the next morning.

6. Avene Gentle Gel Cleanser - a mini travel size of another Avene product that I love. This is perfect for when my skin is feeling a bit drier. Again, its fragrance-free and really gentle but quickly removes a full face of make-up and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft.

7. Sephora Caramel Shower Gel - I bought this single use shower gel on my last trip to France. This smells amazing, I used it as a bubble bath and it felt more like something I should be pouring on top of a coffee rather than bathing in.

8. Compagnie de Provence Incense Lavande Perfume - another brand I stocked up on in France was Compagnie de Provence, I love their giant soaps and candles. I got given a little sample of their Incense Lavande perfume in their store. This was really nice, a bit more of a grown-up scent than I am use to (I definitely gravitate towards sweeter, teenage fragrances still) but a nice change and not at all like the lavender smell that I associate with grannies!

9. Tierry Mulger Angel and Womanity Showergels - these were in my John Lewis goodie bag from ages ago. Both of these smelled amazing and were great for popping in my gym bag.

10. L'Oreal Superliner in Carbon Gloss - this must be my fifth one of these. I've worn liquid eyeliner everyday for the past three years and this one is so easy to apply, never flakes off and is perfectly black. In the past I've contemplated trying more expensive brands but when you can't find fault in something that costs around £7 there's really no point changing.

11. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - another holy grail skincare product. I've been using this for a few years now and love it. This is the only face oil I've used but I don't really feel the need to try any others, this suits my skin and is a lot more affordable than other cleansing oils (it's currently on sale for £18 until the end of April here). This bottle lasted me ages as I only apply one pump of it to a cotton pad, smooth it over my skin and then add a tiny bit of water and lather it off.

12. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara - this lasted a really long time. I usually go through mascaras pretty quickly so this one was quite impressive in not drying out after two months. The brush gave nice separated lashes and no clumps. It wasn't quite as volumising as I like but for an easy to apply daytime mascara this was great.

What products have you used up this month?
Share:

8 comments

  1. Wow Lily, you've used up so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look! Also cannot believe how many products you get through, but you have give me some great ideas for products to look out for. The caramel shower gel sounds yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avene is my new favourite!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've got through so much, Lily!
    That Avene cleanser and the DHC oil sound great! I'm always looking for new skincare products :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try that Avene cleanser, it sounds awesome!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you used up loads in February! I only got through 6 products last month but I'm hoping March will be more successful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of empties, yey! I totally agree with you on most body scrubs not being grainy enough - to be satisfied, I NEED to feel my skin being exfoliated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love that you've included Soap and Glory.

    Have you ever tried their Smoothie Star body milk? It's actually gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig