Saturday, 23 February 2013

Tea For Two: Sugar Junction, Manchester

I spent last weekend in Manchester, my friend J has just moved up there so it was a great opportunity to catch up with him and explore a new city.

On Saturday afternoon we headed to Sugar Junction as my friend thought that it looked quite "me". He was correct and once we had got there we couldn't resist sampling the Traditional Afternoon Tea:

"Nuts About Tea" tea, fruit scone, macaroon, bakewell tart and giant fondant fancy. Goat's cheese, salmon and ham sandwiches.
Fondant fancy, macaroon, the cake counter, me, the cake list.

The Traditional Afternoon Tea comes with a choice of sandwich fillings - we opted for goats cheese, smoked salon and ham with apple chutney. I have given up bread for Lent so just ate the fillings which were delicious - I do love goats cheese. I have also given up chocolate but luckily none of the cakes were chocolate ones! After the sandwiches, we then moved on to the giant, warm scones which came served with jam and clotted cream in cute mini jars. I'm not the biggest fan of scones but this one was lovely - it tasted so fresh. The macaroon was my favourite cake, what a blogger cliche I am! We then moved on to the bakewell tart and finished with the fondant fancy, all washed down with a giant tea pot of "Nuts About Tea".

At £15.50 this afternoon tea is such good value. We had a refill on our tea without even having to ask and the amount of food was just right. I did see those who couldn't finish their platters getting the cakes boxed up to take home which is a great idea if you don't scoff the whole lot in one go! The setting of Sugar Junction is lovely, all mismatched furniture and floral table cloths. The tea room was really busy but we weren't made to feel rushed at all and stayed for a good couple of hours, tacking this amount of sugar needs to be taken slowly!

If you live in or visit Manchester, I'd definitely recommend it!

Where is your favourite afternoon tea destination? And does scone rhyme with "gone" or "bone"?
Share:

12 comments

  1. I have never been for afternoon tea, that looks amazing though!

    Scone is bone for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this looks/sounds lovely - I can never resist an afternoon tea! If you're in Manchester again, Richmond Tea Rooms in the gay village is amazing - quite expensive but you get loads. Oh and scobe is like "gone" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks totally delicious Lily, if I ever go to Manchester I'll have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh everything looks SO good! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! That macaroon looks delicious! It's definitely getting my (French) stamp of approval!

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scone definitely rhymes with gone! Love the look of this, it is making me hungry!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so yummy! I love bakewell tarts. Your post is making me want to go for afternoon tea! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This afternoon tea looks incredible, I'm going to hunt down Sugar Junction next time I'm in Manchester, thank you :)

    Rhiannon xx
    http://the-mascara-story.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Manchester, where abouts is Sugar Junction? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that outfit!!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    http://www.wengie.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig