Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Insta-updates: This and That

It's nearly March! I am definitely looking forward to spring, even if I don't have much hopes for the weather. Here's what I've been doing to make February more bearable:


1 & 2. Dinner at Union Jacks - Jamie Oliver's latest venture serves a rather strange mix of traditional British food and pizzas. I love spicy food so the chili freak pizza sounded like a bit of a Man v Food style challenge - it wasn't actually that hot but made a nice change from Pizza Express or Zizzi.

3. Breakfast in Starbucks - porridge and a soy cappuccino with lots of cinnamon. Meeting a friend for breakfast is such a nice start to the day, definitely worth getting out of bed a bit earlier for!

4. Little Valentine's gifts for my friends. Spreading a little love even if my V-day was about as un-romantic as it gets (day at work followed by evening watching Arrested Development on Netflix).

5. Making frozen jelly in my heart shaped molds.

6. Veggie breakfast at the Post Office Deli in Levenshulme. I have given up bread and chocolate for Lent. I'm not finding it that difficult but it can be hard when eating out, so many things are bread-based! The smoked salmon bagel would have been my usual choice but this was really good.

7. Continuing the heart theme - a heart-shaped macaroon at Sugar Junction. More about it here.

8.  Presenting a bit of BBC Breakfast at Media City.

9. I might not be eating chocolate but I can still photograph it - I don't think I've ever seen so much chocolate in one place than at the Lowry Cadbury outlet store.

10. LFW was a bit of a fail for me this time around, I was disorganised and super busy at work so only made it to Somerset House once but seeing this cat lady definitely made me smile.

11. Soy cappuccino and a salted caramel and banana cake at the Osprey store in St Albans. I'd definitely recommend a visit if you're in the area - its a lovely setting and there are some good bargains to be had in the outlet store.

12. I managed to resist a new handbag but had to have this leather dog - his name is Ted! I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with him yet but I am in love!

Have you given anything up for Lent?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig