Tuesday, 8 January 2013

New Year, New Products: January Favourites

I know we're barely into January but I also know that these will be my most reached-for products this month. I've been discovering a few new products lately, partly due to leaving my entire make-up bag in my flat before travelling home for Christmas and having to panic re-purchase everything from Boots (not fun). I've also discovered a couple of winter hair and skin saviours and finally tried the holy grail cleansing water:
1

1. L'Oreal True Match Concealer - Shade 2

This was a panicked Boots purchased, my local branch had ran out of Bourjois Healthy Mix in my shade and L'Oreal had a "spend £15, get free gift" offer so it seemed logical to get this one. Shade 2 is perfect for my skintone and this concealer works equally well under my eyes and on blemishes. It doesn't have light reflecting particles in it so won't reflect weirdly in photos.

The sponge tipped applicator means that there's no need for a concealer brush - I just blend in with my fingers. The concealer dries to a matte texture but doesn't sink into the fine lines (ugh) under my eyes or make blemishes look cakey. For around £6 this is a great buy!

2. Bioderma Micelle Solution

I've read about this on countless blogs but hadn't tried it until now. This product is amazing. I don't think I will ever use another eye make-up remover again. Seriously. This takes off everything without stinging my eyes or leaving a greasy residue. A quick swipe also removes all my face make-up but doesn't leave my skin feeling like it's been "cleaned" or stripped of moisture. It just leaves it make-up free and ready for my facewash or hot cloth cleanser (double cleansing has made such a difference to my skin).

I bought this mini bottle in Boots in Dubai for about £6. I wish I'd bought the bigger size now.

3. Origins Clear Improvement Face Mask

Towards the end of last year I fell back in love with face masks, after a rather long hiatus from the vibrant coloured sachets that I used to buy aged fourteen and pretend that the burning sensation was actually the mask "cleansing" my pores. Riiiiiight. Face masks seem to have grown up a little and while I was a little hesitant to spent £20, I'd heard only good things about Origins face masks and House of Fraser were having a 10% off day making it a whole £2 cheaper.

I use this mask around once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. It's gentle on my skin but makes it feel so, so clean and soft. I don't suffer from spots but wearing make-up every day and spending all my time indoors can make my skin feel a bit "eww" and this sorts that right out. One tip - don't remove it with a white face cloth!

4. Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum

I'd been cynical about using serums before I tried this in a Glossybox last year. My skin is combination so anything too thick makes it break out but if I don't moisturise I end up with horrible dry patches of skin, particularly on my cheeks since working in an air conditioned office. This serum is so light and sinks in straight away, I use it in the mornings as soon as I've dried my face after my shower and before going to bed - one small pump is enough so even though this is a little pricey it will last for ages.

5. Clynol Wonder 10*

Since getting my hair cut and getting a fringe I've been using a lot more heat on my hair which has made it drier and frizzier. I have fine hair but a lot of it so serums, oils and heavy products are a recipe for lank, flat hair. This product product makes my hair feel softer and healthier but without weighing it down. I spray it into my damp hair before blowdrying and it makes such a difference - my hair is so much more manageable but still bouncy and clean-feeling. It smells so good too!

What have been your favourite products of 2013 so far?

* denotes PR sample. All views my own.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I love Origins, but I have become quite fond of Simple the past few months since I have been watching my pockets :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Origins mask is amazing! I got it in a set just after Christmas, it's such a lovely treat!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bioderma is such a good make up remover! I've heard it's going into Boots stores this year so hopefully it'll be more readily available now. The Caudalie thirst quenching serum sounds rather lovely too. I might have to look through my old Glossybox samples and give that a go x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig