Friday, 25 January 2013

Mascara: L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes

Due to accidentally leaving my make-up bag in my flat before going on holiday, this mascara was acquired on a panic trip to Boots to repurchase all my essentials for the grand total of £52. Not the best start to my holiday but I managed to pick up a few bargains and try some new "drugstore" products. This mascara came as part of a L'Oreal giftset for spending £15 on L'Oreal make-up which seemed like a worthwhile deal to take advantage of:

Diamantissime Mascara with L'Oreal True Match concealer and Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel

I've never used a Volume Million Lashes mascara before but love L'Oreal Voluminous and Telescopic so was hoping to like this as it was the only mascara I had with me on holiday.

The brush is exactly the type I like - its a flexible plastic brush which is small enough to get those corner lashes but big enough to give volume. The bottle has a delightfully named "anti-clump wiper" which results in the brush coming out with the right amount of mascara on it and no clumps. The Diamantissime version has tiny sparkly particles in it but they're not very noticeable when its on my lashes. It's not like a "glitter mascara" of the sort that I used to buy in Claire's Accessories. The only time I really notice the sparkle is when I remove it but I guess it must make some difference in reflecting the light.

I really like the formula of this, it is quite a "wet" mascara so doesn't need lots of coats to get the look I want. It definitely lengthens and thickens my lashes - the end result is quite similar to what I got with Benefit's They're Real mascara. The only downside to this is that you have to be careful not to apply too many coats, it's not the sort of mascara that you can keep building up. One extra swipe and my lashes go from looking perfect to looking a little messy and spidery.

Verdict: I like this mascara. It's usually £10.99 which is pretty good these days even for a drugstore mascara.

Have you tried Volume Million Lashes?

Share:

3 comments

  1. I haven't tried this before, but it looks like it works wonders on your lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such long eyelashes!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooh you have really long lashes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig