Sunday, 13 January 2013

Lace & Cape

Cape: Vintage; Skirt: Vintage; Boots: H&M; Top; Forever 21
I'm pretty bad at not wearing new purchases so made an effort to wear this F21 top that I bought in Dubai. Its a little bit see-through but wearing it with flesh-coloured underwear and going up a size so that its not super tight makes it acceptable for day time. The skirt is an old favourite, I think I've had this for about five years - its just so easy to wear and goes with everything.

My boots are a H&M sale purchase from a few weeks ago although this was the first time I'd worn them. The cape used to be my grandmother's - it's super old, probably from the 1950s or 60s. I do wear a lot of her old clothes - it's nice to know where they come from and conveniently we are the same size.

I wore this to get my fringe trimmed (it hardly even counts as a fringe here) and eat sushi at my favourite budget sushi restaurant, Centre Point Sushi. The cape was a bit more fun to wear than a coat although I did feel a bit like Uncle Bulgaria from the Wombles.

Do you source vintage clothing from family members? And does anyone else struggle with wearing new purchases? 
Share:

12 comments

  1. This top is gorgeous, it looks great with the skirt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the top is lovely, I have a similar one in white & it's really convenient to dress up an outfit a little bit while not going over the top!
    I tend to wear new things to death for a few weeks, then forget about them - Because I have something else new to wear!

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace top is gorgeous and the cape looks like a really fun item to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmas and mum are a huge fans of fur, so I won't be wearing that. I did got a vast t-shirt collection from my mum though and loved every single one. And a couple of pair of shoes. ;)

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this outfit lily, the cape is amazing and so cool that it belonged to your grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that shirt! I also wish I had a stylish gran to steal clothes from! Haha!

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cape, I really need to find one that suits me!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of my vintage clothes are stolen off my mum or grandma! I lvoe the cape - it looks so snug for this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lace tee is stunning <3

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig