Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Insta-Updates: The Year So Far

It may only be the 16th but Christmas and New Year feel like they were months ago already.

January may be a grim month but mine hasn't been too bad so far:


1. The fashion feature that I was in for my work magazine was published. The pictures are here.

2. NYE outfit. So, technically the first outfit of 2013, too. Primark dress and belt. I bought a lot in Primark in 2012 so it seemed fitting.

3. Sushi at Centre Point Sushi. Their prawn tempura rolls are amazing.

4. The year doesn't officially start until I get my new Filofax inserts. I chose pink this time.

5 & 6. Coffee and eggs royal at Beaufort House - perfect breakfast/brunch with a friend on a rainy Sunday.

7. "Gaiety is the most outstanding feature of the Soviet Union" exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. Parts of this were quite disturbing but it was a really good exhibition (and its free if you're on a January spending ban).

8. Maybelline nails. This lasted a whole week without chipping and it was nice to wear something on my nails that wasn't a variation of red.

9. A postcard from Aisling.

10. In the Rain Room at the Barbican. It was worth the two hour long queue. This is also free - just take some food/entertainment for the queue.

11. Teriyaki Donburi at Wagamama.

12. On the Emirates Airline. I went on this in the summer so the view was pretty different this time. I think it's worth the £4 as I love heights.

13. Soya Mocha in Notes. I've stopped eating chocolate but mochas are my one exception (and only once a week).

14. Les Mis. If you haven't seen it yet, it is very long and very miserable but even though musicals aren't really my thing it is amazing. And Hugh Jackman is in it, no complaints there.

15. A friend spotted this picture of me on The Londonist. It was taken at the ice-sculpting festival last year although I had no idea that anyone had even taken my picture!

How has your 2013 been so far?
Share:

5 comments

  1. Looks like 2013 is shaping up pretty well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain room sounds so cool!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad 2013 is going really well for you so far, hope it keeps it up!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it really does seem like the New Year was an age ago! I've been so busy so far I feel like I've barely had the chance to catch my breath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe that we are already half way through January. time just flies!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig