Thursday, 3 January 2013

Insta-updates: Dubai

G&T on the plane; balcony view; champers and chocolates; carrying fish is not allowed on the metro; holiday outfit; gingerbread house; bliss; iced tea at the Shangri-la hotel; Burj Khalifa; taco salad; Pinkberry fix; up-do; chocolate Santa;  Burj al-Arab; camels on the beach; coconut smoothie; Atlantis ceiling; cosmopolitan; Arabic breakfast; leopard print dress.
A couple of weeks of "summer" in the middle of winter is always nice. Its actually still winter in Dubai but a winter's day of 28 degrees is fine by me. I've been to Dubai a few times so have done all of the "tourist" things but seeing the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa is still amazing, its really tall. Getting a Pinkberry fix at the Mall of the Emirates was much appreciated - although if I lived in a hot country Pinkberry would bankrupt me! Trying different food on holiday is always fun and hot weather meant that traditional Christmas foods were not on the menu - Dubai cuisine is really international but its good to try traditional dishes like this breakfast pudding called um-ali. After the crappy summer we had in England my summer clothes finally got their first outing of 2012!

Have you been to Dubai?
Share:

10 comments

  1. Your holiday looks amazing! I would love some traditional food like that xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am incredibly jealous of your holiday, it looks amazing! That said, I don't think I could survive without my Christmas dinner.. I need it once a year!
    Happy 2013
    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks lovely, I would love to visit Dubai and that taco salad looks delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fab time! You've made me feel cold now though *wraps self up in blanket and thinks of sunshine* :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! It looks like you had a great time! I would love to go to Dubai x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had so much fun in Dubai. I love it there - my second home. Visiting my dad there again at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If winter was 28 degrees here I would definitely bake slowly!! Lovely pictures though, it looks like you had a great time. I'd love to go to Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a lovely time :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Dubai before, I don't think I could afford it haha! I'm in need of some sunshine right now...What an amazing view from your balcony!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just booked up my first trip to Dubai for May this year - cannot wait and enjoying reading your posts.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig