Sunday, 6 January 2013

2012: Another Year Over


2012 was a pretty good year. I didn't really think I'd done much until I started putting this collage together. Sometimes its easy to get caught by in the dull everyday stuff and forget about how much you've done and all the good memories - 2012 was actually pretty good come to think about it! These are the things that I'll remember:

London treasure hunts

First up, the epic egg hunt. Hannah and I walked miles in search of these eggs. Whole weekends and evenings (and even a sneaky lunchbreak) were spent looking for these. The constant Facebook check-ins drove my friends crazy. I felt a little empty when this was over.

Phone boxes. A rather short-lived hunt but one that nicely filled the egg-shaped hole in my life.

Wenlock and Mandeville. Adding to Olympic fever - primarily aimed at children, the mascot hunt was a lot of fun and got me into the Olympic spirit.

Holidays

I visited Florence, Lille and Morocco for the first time in 2012. Marrakech was an amazing city and a lovely break with my mum - so completely different from anywhere else we'd visited together. Lille was great for a short break and for a French pharmacy fix and Florence is a beautiful city, even in the middle of winter.

I re-visited a very hot NYC in the summer and saw everything I didn't see first time around and went to Dubai (again) with my family for Christmas which was a lovely relaxing end to the year.

I'm not sure yet where 2013 will take me but travel is a huge love of mine so I'd better get planning (and saving) soon.

Me Stuff

I celebrated the Jubilee in Birmingham with friends, escaping the chaos but not the awful weather of London. I graduated for the second (and last) time and experimented with hair styles - a clip in fringe followed up a real one a few months later.

I also celebrated turning 25 by running 10km around London Zoo, ran the London BUPA 10,000, the Beverley 10k and a charity 5k.

Blogging

Blogging played a huge part in my life in 2012. I went to some amazing events including one where I got creative with dye and shoes and a lovely spa day with Aussie. Fashions Night Out this year didn't disappoint despite walking home barefoot and the Blogger's Picnic with a few of my favourite bloggers was a highlight of our brief "summer". I'm so glad I started this blog way back in 2009 - I've had some amazing experiences and met some lovely people who make me laugh on a daily basis ♥

So that was my year!

My resolutions for 2013 are:

- stick to a weekly budget and save a set amount of money each month - the Toshl app is helping, even if it is currently telling me that I've blown my budget for this week

- donate or eBay one item of clothing for every new item I buy - I really don't need any more clothes, ever

- do more creative projects and take a tiny step back from my laptop - I used to be able to knit and sew and I'd quite like to re-learn how to do these

- improve my 10km time to under an hour - I ran a lot in 2012 but didn't get any faster!

Here's to 2013! How was your year? And what are your resolutions?
Share:

10 comments

  1. Aaah the epic egg hunt! I wonder if there will be one this year?!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your 2012 sounds amazing!
    especially the egg hunt - amazing!
    Rosie xo
    A Pocketful of Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I remember your egg hunt! It was such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your 2012 was a good one. I remember seeing you egg hunt! My resolution is to get fit! This year I will do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope 2013 is truly amazing for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year! Hope I see you more this year :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great 2012! I know what you mean about not really realising how great a year you've had until you reflect on the things you've done. I hope 2013 has more travels for me too, but more importantly, I want to be good and start saving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great year, I think its lovely to look back over things like that. Hope you have a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had an amazing year in 2012. I was the same as you, it wasn't until I sat down and had a proper think that I realised how much had happened in 2012. Good luck with your resolutions for 2013 and hopefully see you at an event soon! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig