Sunday, 2 December 2012

November Empties

Another month, another batch of empty products. I love doing these posts as it means I can finally put the empties in the bin!

Photobucket 1. Skin Doctors Ingrow Go - Not the most glamorous of products but one that I have used for years. I've always waxed my legs which can lead to ingrown hairs but using this really helps stop them forming and if I do get one it clears up in a few days. This bottle lasted me over a year which makes it great value. Be warned - the product does not smell too nice due to its ingrow-battling ingredients so I'd recommend using it at night.
Repurchase: Definitely - this is one of my bathroom staples.

2. Elegant Touch Get 'Em Off Nail Polish Remover - I bought this when I started using false nails and getting gel manicures. Acetone is the only thing that will remove these. I pour this into a shallow dish and soak my nails for 15 minutes to remove the gel. It's not that much fun and incredibly drying but it beats paying £10 for a salon to remove them and is easily done in front of an episode of SATC (#bloggercliche).
Repurchase: Yes - it wasn't expensive and did the job.

3. Johnson's Eye Make-Up Remover - This is a two-phase oil based remover, it was around £3 on an offer so pretty reasonably priced. It did a good job at taking off my mascara and liquid eyeliner and didn't irritate my eyes. The only downside is that it did leave a slightly greasy after feel so it's not great for touch-ups or if you're re-doing make up before a night out.
Repurchase: Maybe.

4. Umi Palm Milk and Acacia Honey Bath Soak - I picked this up from the Waitrose bargain bin, it came with a scented candle which was a nice touch. I love relaxing in baths, especially when its so grey and cold outside and this left my skin feeling  nice and soft. No complaints!
Repurchase: No - I have a lot of bath products left to use up!

5. Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume - I love Marc Jacobs perfumes and this one didn't disappointed. I'm not very good at describing scents but this was is quite fruity without being overly girly and sickly. I think this a great year-round, day-to-night fragrance. I don't have a signature scent and like to try different perfumes - I'm glad that I tried a sample of this first although I probably would have bought it on the basis of the red polka dot packaging alone!
Repurchase: I already have the big bottle to work my way through.

6. Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask - I've only just got in to using face masks. This one is designed to exfoliate and promote radiance. I have normal-oily skin and this was perfect for the skin on my t-zone, it left my skin feeling so soft and clean as well as helping to clear up any spots. I don't think this would be suitable for drier skins as the ingredients could be quite harsh but it'd be great for oilier skins that need a deep cleanse.
Repurchase: Yes - this tiny tube lasted for ages so the full-size doesn't seem too extortionate.

What products have you finished this month?

Share:

7 comments

  1. Love reading these posts! I'm currently trying to get through all my samples; it feels so good being able to put a used-up one in my Empties box! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Marc Jacobs perfumes. Need to try Dot. I'm finishing up Urban Decay's primer. I'm squeezing out every drop; it's amazing but a bit too pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Caudalie mask very much, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love empties posts too, Its nice seeing everything you've used up all together! I love the Dot perfume too, I already have a nearly full bottle but i'm tempted to put it on my christmas list so i have a back up!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower! love you blog

    tobebioacaseofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did a post about your empties aaaages ago, I am honestly working my way through stuff now. How donyou deal with hotel toiletries? I nab them, I'm not poor but I feel I've paid for them haha anyway I am currently overloaded with REN minis and caudale products :) god help me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice posting idea :) I don't even think about the products I finish, though this post makes me feel maybe I should :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig