Sunday, 16 December 2012

New Year's Eve - Bond Girl Style

I know we haven't had Christmas yet but new year always seems to come around so fast afterwards that its definitely not too soon to be thinking about your new year's eve party outfit.

I usually have a chilled out NYE with friends but in a fantasy world, I'd definitely bring in the new year with a bit of Bond girl glamour. Watching old Bond films is definitely a favourite Christmas activity of mine and a great source of inspiration for party looks.

And, as this is a fantasy world, I'd also have a fantasy budget for my party outfit...

Photobucket

Floor length dresses are the ultimate in party glamour. I love anything red and this stunning red gown would be perfect. On a side note, I love how the Net-a-Porter website refers to this type of dress as a gown. I don't think I've even owned something in real life that could come close to being described as a gown. And yes, a gown is not the same thing as a dress.

Photobucket


For the accessories, I picked the Alexander McQueen clutch bag for a fun touch (Bond is the ultimate British icon, after all, and a Bond girl really should be showing her support for British designers). Bond girls always wear amazing jewels and in a fantasy world, these teardrop earrings would be mine, as would be the gold multi-strand bracelet. For shoes, it had to be Louboutins - I love how the red sole matches the dress and how these would subtly peek out from under the hem.

What would you wear for a fantasy NYE party?


Share:

4 comments

  1. Love the heels & the dress is gorgeous too!!!!

    Giveaway:
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/2012/12/25-cash-coupon-giveaway-on-cob.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These heels are to die for! Great selection! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is gorgeous, love red dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love floor length dresses. I wish I had more opportunities to wear them. That red one is beautiful! :) x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig