Sunday, 30 December 2012

December Empties

The last empties post of 2012! I managed to get through quite a few products this month but going away to a country with Sephora and spending time in two airports means that I now have even more products.



1. Soap and Glory Rich and Foamous Body Wash - this lasted forever! I love the design of the bottle and that it has a pump. The smell is gorgeous, too. Really sweet and warming - perfect for winter showers when you actually still want to be in bed.

2. Herbalife Herbal Aloe Strengthening Shampoo* - this was a great everyday shampoo, it lathered up well and left my hair feeling nice and soft. I probably won't be re-purchasing is its a little pricey - my usual approach to shampoo purchasing is just to get whatever is on offer in Boots.

3. Garnier Simply Essentials Cleansing Wipes and Eye Make-up Remover - these were on a 2 for £4 offer in Boots. The wipes were great for my gym bag or for removing heavier make-up before washing my face in the evening. I'm not a huge fan of cleansing wipes (it still sickens me a little that I used to only use wipes on my face before going to bed) but its always useful to have a pack around and these did the job. The eye make-up remover was pretty good, it was nice and gentle on my eyes but struggled to remove waterproof make-up as its oil-free.

4. 17 Shine Control Pressed Powder - I've lost count of how many of these powders I've got through. This one met its end by being dropped on the floor of the gym changing room but luckily I had two back ups already purchased!

5. Balance Me Pure Skin Facewash - this came free with Glamour magazine earlier in the year. At first I was put off by the strong herbal smell - I definitely like my skincare products to be fragrance free - but felt reassured that 98.8% of the ingredients are supposedly natural. This was a gym bag staple and left my skin feeling nice and clean after workouts.

6. Caudalie Vinoperfect Daycream - I really liked this day cream sample and wish it had lasted longer! The cream is quite thick but sinks in immediately and doesn't feel at all greasy. I love how this made my skin feel soft but didn't leave it shiner (I'm super paranoid about shiny skin) and contains SPF. Definitely one to add to my wishlist.

What products have you used up this month?
Share:

2 comments

  1. I finally jumped on the Soap & Glory bandwagon and picked up this body wash! I actually got three because they were 3 for 2, although I must have done that just in time because I haven't seen them on offer in any other Boots. I agree, it smells gorgeous (like popcorn, my Mum said) and makes showering so much less of a chore! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just got this Soap&Glory body wash and I wonder how long it will last me! ;) LOL! :)

    Can't wait to see your airport purchases! Please do a post on them! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig