Thursday, 13 December 2012

Day-to-Night

December not only brings Christmas but also, for those of us who work in an office, the office Christmas party. Like Christmas, the office Christmas party comes only once a year so its the perfect chance to make a good impression with your colleagues (and not to be the one to over indulge in the free alcohol/kiss your boss/photocopy your bottom).

In terms of what to wear, lugging around a complete outfit change is not very practical and you may want to save your bodycon/sequin/strapless/low cut dress for a party with your friends.

I thought I'd share some photos for a piece that I helped put together for a feature in my work magazine - it was really fun to have proper photos taken, if only I could have a photographer for all my outfit posts!

Day:

Photobucket

Dress: Topshop; Jacket: Kaliko @ House of Fraser; Shoes: Nine West; Bag: Osprey

Night:

Photobucket

Faux Fur Cape: Vintage; Necklace: Boots; Bag: French Connection; Shoes: Dune

The faux fur cape is one of my favourite bargain finds. I love how it really changes the outfit and only takes a few seconds to throw on. Red lipstick and a quick updo help complete the transformation and a statement necklace is probably the easiest change even if you don't have time between work and party to do anything else.

How do you change your look from day to night? And what are your tips for surviving the office party?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Lily this is amazing! I can't quite believe it's the same dress!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amazingly turned your look from day to night! I love how professional you look during the day, and how glam you look during the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the transformation, the faux fur cape is gorgeous.
    Both gorgeous looks.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely photographs, love the fur cape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous, the furry shrug is perfect to keep warm in the evening :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww that faux fure cape looks soooooo cute and chic - I'm so glad it's faux (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an amazing transformation, you look so lovely in both photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely, that fur capelet is beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig