Sunday, 18 November 2012

Damsel In A Dress

I am a big fan of dresses. Most of my work and casual clothing is in dress form so when I was asked to feature a dress from Damsel in a Dress I couldn't wait to add to my dress collection. I chose the Philippa dress:

  Photobucket

The dress came beautifully packaged; wrapped in pink tissue paper inside a box. It was so nice to get something that had been packaged with care, I hate how some online purchases come stuffed into a bag and arrive all scrunched up!

I chose a dress that would be suitable for work - this one is demure enough for the office but not stiff and corporate. I love the detailing - the stitching around the neckline and v-back are really nice touches. Wearing this made me feel very smart and grown-up - it'd be perfect for an interview or important meeting.

The dress is fantastic quality, its fully lined and the fabric hangs really nicely. The tweed fabric is really soft and it'll be great for winter.

There are some lovely evening dresses at Damsel which would be perfect for up-coming Christmas parties.

Are you a dress fan?
Share:

16 comments

  1. It does make all the difference when online purchases come nicely wrapped. It's an extra bonus when when the contents are as lovely as this dress - great choice! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress. The material looks nice. I'm loving tweed/boucle at the moment. I agree, it's lovely when parcels come nicely packaged :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nicely wrapped packages, surprisingly it really does make a difference! This dress really suits you, and you look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress, I love that it's totally suitable for the office but could be dressed up after work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! Definitely one for the party season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love their dresses, this looks fab on you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dresses, they make me feel so glam and dressed up- excuse the pun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, that really shows off your figure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, it's like the dress was made for you! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how cute and office-perfect! I bet it would look great with a scarf and cardi for a night out! Is it just me or is it shimmery?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful dress! It suits you so well :)

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah I too am a dress fan, this looks lovely on you and it's a gorgeous workwear item!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a pretty dress! Love your blog, now following x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig