Sunday, 14 October 2012

Singin' in the Rain

One of the best things about living in London is the theatre. Although as a Londoner I don't go nearly as often as I should do so when I was offered a pair of tickets to see Singin' in the Rain at the Palace Theatre I jumped at the chance to go.

The show was amazing. For a few hours my friend and I were transported out of London and to 1920s Hollywood for a tale of singing, dancing and - you've guessed it - rain! I did wonder how the famous "Singin' in the Rain" scene would translate to the stage and it did not disappoint, seeing the stage transform into a thunderstorm was pretty special - be warned if you are sitting in the front few rows for this show as you may get a little wet. Luckily our seats were in the Dress Circle so we avoided the inclement weather but still had a great view.

Photobucket

Outside the Palace Theatre - coat: Dorothy Perkins (last season)

The costumes were amazing too, I love 1920s fashion and the attention to detail was brilliant. I'd definitely recommend the show for a fun, feelgood night out.

Are you a fan of the theatre? What was the last show you saw?

[My tickets were provided courtesy of Superbreak. All opinions my own, as always!]
Share:

11 comments

  1. Oh wow this sounds fantastic. I don't see shows that often, the last one was Wicked, but I'd love to see this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see this! Last show I saw was The Taming of the Shrew at The Globe, just perfect!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great, I haven;t been to the theatre in so long and I REALLY want to go!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww cool! I've never seen this. I think my last show was Blood Brothers!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the theatre! I always vow that I need to go more often. I've wanted to watch this for a while. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see this :)
    looks like you had a great time. I love your coat :)





    http://emmygrace8.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds amazing Lily, you're so lucky. That coat is stunning, very glam! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this show ages ago when it was on tour - it was so good so I'm really glad it's come to London now!

    Glad you enjoyed it, the last show I saw was a one-man auto-biographical show about shakespeare by Roger Rees. It was strange but awesome! Every time I go to the theatre I keep thinking 'I must go more often'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going soon and this has made me even more excited!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  10. Singing in the rain is one of my favourite films! Glad you enjoyed it. I think the last thing I saw was Phantom of the Opera last year which was amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love going to the theatre but I haven't been for ages!! I think the last show I saw was sister act in new York and unfortunately it wasn't very good!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig