Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Sepetember Empties

Another month, another collection of empty bottles. It feels so satisfying to finish things up and only re-purchase the products that I really love. Hopefully in a few months I'll have the equivalent of a capsule wardrobe of beauty products consisting of things that I know work rather than my bathroom resembling a small branch of Boots!
  PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket 1. Thierry Mulger Alienation shower gel - this came with a bottle of Alienation perfume that I purchased last year. It smelled nice but, as I expected, wasn't an amazing shower gel.
Repurchase: No - I like to change around my perfumes.

2. Caudalie Vinosource Serum - this came with a GlossyBox that I was sent a few months ago. I loved this product, it stops my skin feeling tight and dry without feeling heavy or greasy. I use this every morning and evening straight after washing my face so that it sinks right in to my skin.
 Repurchase: Already have - I bought the full size in France last month, pricey but well worth it.

3. Rimmel Hide the Blemish concealer - I've been using the product on and off since I was first recommended it by Sugar magazine over a decade ago. This one has lasted around 3 years - pretty impressive for such an affordable product. Definitely a budget make-up bag staple.
Repurchase: I've now "graduated" to Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer which I love but I'd still recommend this for a basic concealer.

4. Witch Skin-Clearing Pressed Powder - I didn't actually finish this product, it just decided to crumble and die on me one day despite keeping it at home so as to avoid this happening. This was a decent pressed powder - the shade was perfect for my skintone and it kept shine at bay.
Repurchase: No due to the compact not having a mirror so not one for taking out in the day for touch-ups, 17's Pressed Powder is still my favourite.

5. Ren Invisible Pores Detox Mask - I've recently got back into face masks after not really using them since the age of 15 when peel-off masks were all the rage. I loved this Ren mask, it made my skin feel soft and shine-free without drying it out and definitely helped keep my skin clear during the hotter weather (a now distant memory).
Repurchase: Maybe - I still have a few sample facemasks to work my way through first and do want to try Origin's clay mask at some point.

6. Soap & Glory - Thick & Fast Mascara - this one came with Elle magazine earlier in the year. Full review here. I wasn't overly impressed with this mascara, I'm not a fan of huge brushes and found that it got thick and clumpy really quickly.
Repurchase: No, there are too many new mascaras that I want to try.

7. 17 Photo Finish Mascara - full review here. I liked the idea of this containing blue pigments for an eye brightening effect but I'm not sure if it made any difference in real life! The brush was nice on this one but the effect was a little too subtle for my liking and it required a lot of coats to get the look I wanted.
Repurchase: No, but I do usually like 17 mascaras.

8. Champneys Watermint Body Scrub - this minty scrub was really refreshing and during the summer I loved the smell and tingly feel it left on my skin. The scrub is quite a gentle one, I usually prefer more gritty scrubs but it did the job and lasted quite a while.
Repurchase: For next summer or a holiday, yes.

9. Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo - this big bottle has been a regular fixture in my shower for a long time! I love the scent of this and how it left my hair feeling super soft and but clean and not weighed down.
Repurchase: Once I've worked through the rest of my Aussie hair products!

10. Superdrug Tea Tree Shine Control Papers - I was curious to try these as an alternative to powder to keep shine at bay during the day. These worked well to remove oil from my skin and left behind a trace of powder which meant that I used less make-up during the day.
Repurchase: Yes.

11. Simple Eye Make-up Remover - I go through so much of this! See August and July empties for more details.
Repurchase: Definitely!

What products have you used up this month?
Share:

8 comments

  1. Oooh you've been busy using products up! Love Aussie's shampoos and stuff, will be featuring one in my empties post (coming soon!) actually. Used to love Hide the Blemish until I stumbled across No 7's Concealer. Give it a try, bit more pricey but so worth it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like everything is running out at once! I think I have a No 7 Concealer that I bought with a £5 voucher a few months ago...should probably try to find it!! x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that I'm just starting to get to know what works for me - Lush Ultra Bland, Green People Day Moisturiser, Aveda hair products (shame they are so pricey!) I have almost finished my Benefit concealer so I must get some more of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Aveda products - their tea is amazing too, again its pricey but worth it! x

      Delete
  3. I loved the vino source serum, I've been meaning to get a full size version for ages!
    I'm a bit like a mini Boots too, I've been trying to use everything but a new potion is such a great treat that I'm constantly adding more faster than I can use things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to ban myself from entering Boots as I always end up buying so much! The serum is definitely one of my best skincare discoveries lately. x

      Delete
  4. Great post! x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always takes me so long to use up a makeup products, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig